Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

FORD SUV vs HUNDA SUV

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 10:27 AM
JohnAW
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation FORD SUV vs HUNDA SUV

I would like to hear from all of you on this PRO or CONS. How does the HUNDA SUV's compare to the FORD SUV's in proformance and miles per gal.? Break downs, and mantainace on them cost wase?

I am not sure if Hunda makes only two models if so compare the same class of SUV's ?

Old 12-05-2004, 10:34 AM
ohioclint
Senior User
For a quick compare you can goto www.ford.com and click on competitive comparisons and see for yourself so we don't have to do it for you.

Clint

Old 12-05-2004, 11:01 AM
JohnAW
Senior User
Originally Posted by ohioclint
For a quick compare you can goto www.ford.com and click on competitive comparisons and see for yourself so we don't have to do it for you.

Clint
I went there but did not seecompetitive comparisons? That does not mean it isn't there. But I was hpoeing that you could explain where it is.

I would like to hear from you all on this?

Old 12-05-2004, 08:16 PM
CTford
Senior User
Ok, try this site:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/compare/

I personally don't like Hondas, but that is my personal bias. If your-re going to be doing any off-roading or a lot of trailer towing (like more than 3000 pounds)than defintely Ford. Go to this site and do the rest, i'm too lazy to type it all up.

Old 12-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Al Bundy
Senior User
If you are going to use an suv like a car, the honda suvs (which aren't suvs but cars), then the honda is a better buy as it is more fuel efficient, better handling, and a better ride.

If you are going to use the suv to tow, haul, off road, the ford is better.

SUVs nowadays have evolved. They used to be known as a sporty-utility vehicle. Now its just a large passenger vehicle or a van that looks sportier for large families.

Old 12-06-2004, 01:42 PM
79camperspecial
Junior User
My aunt & uncle have a brand H CR-V with AWD. They chirp (mainly the aunt) about its car like ride but when it rains they're afraid of its handling. I've always envisioned the RAV-4 and the CR-V as true SUV's. (Sunny-day Utility Vehicles)

Old 12-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Crash687
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I do know that starting in '04, Saturn used a Honda engine/trans. combo in the VUE. It was rumored that it was a tech. trade between GM and Honda. Test drove one, had to gun the snot out of it to get it to move.

Last edited by Crash687; 12-06-2004 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:46 PM
JohnAW
Senior User
Yes why would someone 60 years old want a SUV to drive, I have no trailer, or go off on back roads, but want one to travel with and have lots of room to put things inside. Also one that would get good gas mileage, and low mantaintance.

You said that your Ant and Uncle does not like to drive it in rain, is there a reason why they don't like too, how about snow. I am talking about the HUNDA by the way.

I do know that they hold their value better than any other one's.

Old 12-06-2004, 04:49 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnAW
Yes why would someone 60 years old want a SUV to drive, I have no trailer, or go off on back roads, but want one to travel with and have lots of room to put things inside. Also one that would get good gas mileage, and low mantaintance.

You said that your Ant and Uncle does not like to drive it in rain, is there a reason why they don't like too, how about snow. I am talking about the HUNDA by the way.

I do know that they hold their value better than any other one's.
There is no such thing as a "Hunda"-- there is "Honda" and "Hyundai"

Old 12-06-2004, 05:59 PM
JohnAW
Senior User
Since we have that taken care of HONDA what are the names of their SUV's, and can you please answer the questions I ask earlier?

What do you think of the HYUNDAI SUV and the HYUNDAI on the whole. Will they be here 10 years from now?

Old 12-06-2004, 06:29 PM
ohioclint
Senior User
Wink

I would think if you could post here you could goto their website and actually do something for yourself.

Clint

Old 12-06-2004, 06:40 PM
BlueOvalBaker
Senior User
Hyundai will be around ages to come. Ship industry wise anyway. Their cars are getting better, but the Honda is your best choice for a daily driver with a little snow. Make sure you get ther V-6 though. Or if you prefer a fridge on a go-kart frame, go with the Element. It's stylish, sleek, and it take about 4000 rpm to take off the start line with an auto tranny. I think maximum payload tops at like 1200 lbs. Make sure you don't haul a trailer AND the cargo, you might overload the poor thing.

Old 12-06-2004, 06:46 PM
JohnAW
Senior User
Thumbs up

We are all here to help each other out and to make this one of the greatest sites out there. Not to have someone make comments about what one may say or ask.

Remember one thing the more we all work together the better we all will be.

So I am asking each and everyone of us to help each other out when asking a question.

Thank-You for your time

Old 12-06-2004, 08:48 PM
superrangerman2002
Logistics Pro
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
It really depends on what size SUV you are after, I just got done testing several.

Small SUV:

Ford escape spanks the CR-V hands down in every dept I can think of, ride, accel, braking, handling, noise, you name it.

The V-6 CR-V, was noisy, rolled alot in corners, braked decent, but couldn't get out of its own way till you mashed the pedal to the floor.

While I liked the Escape, I got a much better deal on a 02' Explorer (just finished signing the papers), and as far as I'm concerned there isn't a SUV in it's class.

Old 12-06-2004, 10:07 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts
Remember one thing the more we all work together the better we all will be.
So I am asking each and everyone of us to help each other out when asking a question.
I will second that request!

Quick Reply: FORD SUV vs HUNDA SUV