Sponsored by:

Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 03:55 PM
brokenbronco484
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seats

I recently had my passenger side seat back break so that when someone sits in the seat, the back lays down. So, im looking for some new seats. Ive been all over the internet and still am not sure what to get. Does anyone use Corbeau seats and do they fit snug next to the truck box or is there a huge gap. Also has anyone replaced the whole front seats and installed the bench seat combo where the two bucket seats have a third seat in the middle. if anyone has any info it would be appreciated. thanks

Old 11-27-2004, 04:55 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want a cheap/temp fix, you can use seats out of a wrecked Explorer. Thats the most common swap.

Old 11-28-2004, 01:30 AM
wiggit
Senior User
Just finished putting a pair of bmw seats in mine.Nothing a welder and new and exsisting metal couldn't make work.They fit fine,used the stock floor mounts cut them in half too take an inch off them and mounted the bmw seats too that.They are great for comfort and alot more support.

Old 11-28-2004, 01:00 PM
kameronth
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
If you look in my gallery you can see that I put mustang leather seats in my Bronco. I had to drill new holes but it was not too hard to do. The center console makes a good arm rest for me. I originally took the seats out of my other Bronco so I don't know if the sliding mechanisim on the bottom came from the mustang or not. They sure beat the broken bench that used to be in there!

Old 11-30-2004, 05:41 PM
brokenbronco484
Freshman User
I've called around to some of the local shops around twon and i founs a couple of places that have used explorer seats. will these fit directly into the original hardware or should i purchase new universal hardware and drill new holes? they want 200 or so for both seats. does this sound a little high for used seats to anyone else?