General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

They just don't get it

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 09:04 AM
AeroPA
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They just don't get it

Some of these guys don't have a clue. Don't they know everyone will be watching everything they do in public after that fracas in Detroit? Sheesh.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3194240

Old 11-26-2004, 09:26 AM
johare
Elder User
IMO, That's what happens when we pay people millions of dollars to play a game and give them "star" status. Once the general public gets wise and stops supporting this knid of behavior (and the ridiculous salaries) maybe things will get under control.

Old 11-26-2004, 09:37 AM
JDaddy
Senior User
I have lost interest in watching and supporting most sports because I am sick and tired of the way these people act and then look down at the people who support them.

Old 11-26-2004, 09:39 AM
t_dickie
Laughing Gas
But what can you expect from the NBA players. They are some of the least fan friendly athletes around. They are more worried about their recording career or how big the wheels are gonna be on their Escalade. They have forgot that without the fans they would still be playin in the park, and actually working for a living. I was watching on TV earlier in the week where someone (I can't remember who, but he was an accredited sports reporter here in Canada) ranked the sports for who was the most fan friendly. His list was somethin like this:
1. Wrestling
2. NHL
3. MLB
4. NFL
5. NBA

Now, before someone jumps all over me for putting the NFL 4th, he said that 2,3,4 were very close together. But the NBA was a very distant 5th.

Trevor

Old 11-26-2004, 09:49 AM
AeroPA
Elder User
I know. I guess I should also mention, before anyone gets too up in arms, that I do realize there are professional athletes who behave themselves, are very fan friendly, and are very active in charity and community support work. They are also very good at what they do.

The ones who misbehave and generally act like insufferable morons are the ones who give sports a black eye. It seems we are seeing more of that lately, but maybe people are just paying closer attention to what they do now.

In any event, seems like a good reason to mind one's Ps and Qs when out in the public eye. Like I said, some of them just flat don't get it....................................

Old 11-26-2004, 04:18 PM
nightowl_52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big money has major effects on some peoples attitude.

Old 11-26-2004, 04:49 PM
'961506
Elder User
Hockey is obviously not going to allow that, seeing how there is glass 8 feet high and multipe inches thick.

Old 11-26-2004, 07:01 PM
heavnbound
Elder User
Well I've never been a big fan of "basketbrawl" anyway...as far as I'm concerned it can dry up and blow away and make room for other things on TV. But like it was said elsewhere, money makes people do strange things and big money makes for big egos.

Personally I don't see the justice when someone who plays a GAME makes three or four times what the President of the United States makes! Multimillion dollar salaries are out of control...and it makes it difficult for the average American (or other countries - sorry Canada!) to go and watch a game.
I haven't been to any major sports games (we have no major league teams in Alaska), but the last word I got was that it took a C-note to do the Father/son thing at a baseball game!

That, IMHO, is wrong!