6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

New Flash and Predator

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 08:49 PM
TN_Jeeper
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Flash and Predator

Has anyone loaded the Predator on top over the latest flash (FTE calibration)?

I love the way the truck runs with the new flash. It seems much more responsive, runs smoother, less smoke at start up. etc,etc. I really think Ford nailed this one.

All that said, it's still not as fun as the predator tune, but I don't want to give up the other gains from the latest flash.

Old 11-17-2004, 08:55 PM
20046.0PSDX
Senior User
I'd love to try my 100HP Predator setting on top of my 1 day old flash but I can't get my laptop and the download to work. I've saved both the Ford DownLoader and the r34 revision and when I try to get it to work I keep getting one of those pop-up warnings w/ a little yellow caution sign w/ exclamation point saying ComSetup Failed! I've tried all the recommended PC, Software and Predator setup ideas that Diablo lists and can't get anywhere. HELP!!!

Old 11-17-2004, 09:00 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have to make sure that your computers port settings are set correctly.

Note: If you encounter time outs, or if you aren't getting any communication between the computer and Predator, or if your Predator just boots up fully to the main screen without attempting to update, you may need to set your Ford Predator Downloader software, the Predator, and your Computer to all be on the same settings (COM selection & Baud Rate), and/or you may be using the wrong COM port (if you have more than one). Please follow the directions below to set up your COM selections & Baud Rates, but only if you are having issues with communication.

Computer: To check what COM port your computer is using (COM1, 2, 3, 4, etc.), go "right click" on "My Computer" and hit "Properties", then click on "Hardware", then "Device Manager", then click on the "+" sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)". It will tell you out next to "Communications Port" what your COM port setting is (ex: COM1). Go ahead and "double click" on "Communications Port", then click on the "Port Settings" tab at the top. Please attempt to try 115200 for a baud rate setting first.

Software: Open the Ford Predator Downloader software (FordDownloader*****) on your computer, go to "Options, Port Settings", and ensure that the proper COM port is selected to match what COM port that your computer is using, as well as matching up the baud rate (default on the software is 115200). Please attempt to try 115200 for a baud rate setting first.

Predator: You can change the Predator's baud rate by going from the Predator's main menu to "Options, Serial Baud". Default on the Predator is 57600 with 115200 as an option. Please attempt to try 115200 for a baud rate setting first.

Note: If using 115200 does not work, please change the PC software to 57600 and try all the steps above, again.
If you still cannot get the Predator to update, you will need to use our new Ford PC Downloader, Rev.1.07 application.

Old 11-17-2004, 09:27 PM
20046.0PSDX
Senior User
SBV
I've just tried all the steps again and even loaded the 1.07 revision of the DownLoader software and I'm still getting the pop-up "Ford Downloader" ComSetup Failed w/ the little yellow caution sign. I guess I'll get in touch w/ Diablo tomorrow.

Old 11-17-2004, 11:21 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you using a laptop? Do you have a com port or a USB port with an adapter? Make sure the PC, the Downloader program and the Predator all using the same com speed. If that doesn't make sense call Diablo in the morning.

Old 11-18-2004, 08:32 AM
sanpanchosue
Senior User
Originally Posted by 20046.0PSDX
SBV
I've just tried all the steps again and even loaded the 1.07 revision of the DownLoader software and I'm still getting the pop-up "Ford Downloader" ComSetup Failed w/ the little yellow caution sign. I guess I'll get in touch w/ Diablo tomorrow.
I found it essential that you have the ver 1.00 program running and "Waiting for communication" before you power up the Predator. I was too eager with having everthing plugged in and powered up and went through the same processes that you seem to be going through.

Old 11-20-2004, 02:26 PM
TN_Jeeper
Senior User
So now that the thread got little hijacked .

SBV45-have you re-installed the predator on top of the new flash?