2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo Preditor v77 problems!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Spoolin'
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Diablo Preditor v77 problems!

Just thought I would post this up. I have an 04' FX4 Screw. I purchased a Diablo Predator 3 weeks ago and have loved it until last Friday. I down loaded the newest version (r77) and proceeded to put the 87 octane tune back in. After multiple failed attempts I thought I would just put the "Original Tune" (factory tune) back in so at least I would be able to drive my truck to work in the morning. Then It would not allow me to put that back in. My truck was basically dead. It would not start at all now! I called the tech department at Diablo and made them aware of the problem. They told me to keep trying to put the "Original Tune" back in that it will eventually take it. So after 16 tries it finally took it.

I posted this information to help any one else who has down loaded the newest version for the Diablo (r77). And to warn those who have not. Moral= if your Diablo is working fine, done try to improve it and down load the new version IMHO. Like I mentioned earlier, I have contacted Diablo Sport and they are working on a fix. I have faith that the Tech guys at Diablo will come up with a fix in a very timely manner. Oh by the way I do love the tunability that the Diablo give us.

Old 11-08-2004, 07:06 PM
2004 Screw
Elder User
Down loaded update (r77) friday 4th Nov and have no problems but did get rid of some trouble codes. sorry you have had bad luck

Old 11-08-2004, 09:40 PM
tb63
New User
I just ran into the same issue yesterday. I bought my predator a couple weeks ago and had been enjoying the 87 tune. I wanted to give the 91 tune a try and the load failed. Then the restore failed, twice. I was freakin since I had a dead truck in the driveway. No way I could let the wife know
The retore finally worked when I made sure everything was turned off. In looking tonight, I see you can still grab the r76 (inital release) firmware http://www.diablosport.com/downloads...7r76_H512.crom

Todd

04 Screw Lariat

Old 11-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Spoolin'
New User
Originally Posted by tb63
I just ran into the same issue yesterday. I bought my predator a couple weeks ago and had been enjoying the 87 tune. I wanted to give the 91 tune a try and the load failed. Then the restore failed, twice. I was freakin since I had a dead truck in the driveway. No way I could let the wife know
The retore finally worked when I made sure everything was turned off. In looking tonight, I see you can still grab the r76 (inital release) firmware http://www.diablosport.com/downloads/f150-7r76_H512.crom

Todd

04 Screw Lariat
Hey thanks Todd. I will try the r76 when I have more time tomorrow. Hopefully the fix will be released soon?

Old 11-08-2004, 10:21 PM
rhicks_all_taken
Freshman User
Dont hold your breath waiting for thhe problem. I told them 4 weeks ago that their speedometer recalibrate dos'nt work. They said I would have a fix in 1 week. I am still waiting. What a waste of 300.00 dollars

Old 11-08-2004, 10:28 PM
thatex
New User
Hey Everyone,
I'm a new user bur have been driving Ford a long time. I couldn't resist the 04 Screw and now I'm doing some changes. I put the cold air intake on and have the Borla catback rear dual out on order. The service dept. told me headers would void the warranty so I'm waiting a while for those. I have a couple questions for anyone who can help. First are these good choices and second, I'm entertaining either the Diablo Predator or the Superchips Microtuner. Which of the 2 is the better choice, and also the same service goon who mentioned warranty voiding said, "even when you go back to stock settings their diagnostic machine tells them if there was any recent changes. How true are these? Thanks for any and all help.

Tex Ritter
Jax,Fl

Old 11-08-2004, 10:33 PM
asinatra
Senior User
Originally Posted by rhicks_all_taken
Dont hold your breath waiting for thhe problem. I told them 4 weeks ago that their speedometer recalibrate dos'nt work. They said I would have a fix in 1 week. I am still waiting. What a waste of 300.00 dollars
haha works for me.

Old 11-08-2004, 11:33 PM
rhicks_all_taken
Freshman User
I havent had any experince with the Micro tune but based on my experance with Diablo I wouldnt buy it again. There support sucks

Old 11-09-2004, 09:27 AM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thatex
Hey Everyone,
I'm a new user bur have been driving Ford a long time. I couldn't resist the 04 Screw and now I'm doing some changes. I put the cold air intake on and have the Borla catback rear dual out on order. The service dept. told me headers would void the warranty so I'm waiting a while for those. I have a couple questions for anyone who can help. First are these good choices and second, I'm entertaining either the Diablo Predator or the Superchips Microtuner. Which of the 2 is the better choice, and also the same service goon who mentioned warranty voiding said, "even when you go back to stock settings their diagnostic machine tells them if there was any recent changes. How true are these? Thanks for any and all help.

Tex Ritter
Jax,Fl
I like my Superchips unit alot, as do many others here on this board. You should check out the sticky thread regarding both choices. Also, I do not think their machines can tell if the program has recently changed. All they can determine is what program is currently loaded. Also, headers WILL NOT void a warranty. You should read up on the Magnuson-Moss act. It sure sounds like this dealership is feeding you a lot of misinformation.

Old 11-09-2004, 10:09 AM
thatex
New User
thanks for the info and I'll check out all

Old 11-09-2004, 01:25 PM
ctfordguy
Elder User
I have not had any problems with the superchips. I have changed from 91 to 87, changed shift points and firmness numerous times and put the truck back to stock several times. Sounds to me like Diablo hurried a product to market without it being fully ready.

Old 11-09-2004, 03:09 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Great conjecture.... but 100% wrong. The problem is an issue with some of the CAN bus chips in some Fords.

Old 11-09-2004, 06:20 PM
spc
Freshman User
Will going back to the r76 firmware work?

Last edited by spc; 11-09-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:06 PM
lifted
New User
I have the diablo programer and it was ford that installs it everytime. My engine has been a test engine because my airriad intake maked the sensors go off.The problem now with the program is the trams is not shifting at full throdle and diable said we have to do a custom program, but my ford dealer and i have tried all the programs and it the diablo.

Old 02-23-2005, 11:32 AM
tank55
Senior User
Are the problems you are describing above with the Predator from a certain date or model of the Predator or is this problem related to the upgrades downloaded fron the website. I have just purchased the Predator and have not installed it yet as I took my truck in for service today. I'd a appreciate a heads up on this before I tune my truck.