General Automotive Discussion

Hey what kind of driver are you

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 06:47 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey what kind of driver are you

Hey guys how would you desribe your driving behavior. Are you an aggressive driver. 1.Usually exceeding the speed limit. Always have to be ahead off everybody. 2.Always driving the speed limit. Taking your time and being in no hurry. Being safe and corteous on the highway. When your at a redlight and theres no traffic around except the guy next to you are you content to let the next guy go ahead off you or do you have be in front even though you are not racing. I am guilty of being aggressive type off behavior. How about you/. Thanks for your time.

Old 11-05-2004, 10:51 AM
jaydez
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i guess that would make me agressive.

Old 11-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Lesspaul
Senior User
Because I do my own repairs, I baby my vehicles on starts, stops, and turns. However I do tend to run over the speed limit and I always try to get ahead of slow or hazardous vehicles.

I have a balanced pop can filled 3/4 with used oil and covered with a loose rubber band over newspaper ,under my truck, over my muffler. A wire attatched to the bottom of the can , feeds into the cab. Tail-gaters beware, I could blow an oil leak all over you.
I guess that makes me an agressive/ defensive driver.

Last edited by Lesspaul; 11-05-2004 at 12:14 PM. Reason: word change
Old 11-05-2004, 02:52 PM
RyanMiller
Elder User
I drive with the flow, i dont cut people off, and i drive to minimize wear on the tranny and brakes. Sometimes, i'll be moderately agressive, but nothing crazy. I hate when people dont use signals, and when they weave through traffic, so i dont.

Old 11-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Bronco2Nic
Senior User
I'm sort of in the middle. If someone does something stupid, I assume its because they are stupid, But I don't want people to be scared to drive with me.

Old 11-05-2004, 03:17 PM
GotLift
Elder User
I'm aggressive to a point. Mostly when I'm alone. My fiance tends to mellow me out a little when she is with me. I avoid cutting people off but will speed around them if they are going slower than I want to go. I absolutley hate when some idiot speeds up or slows down just to block me in. Usually it's a punk kid that pulls that. I also hate rolling road blocks and left lane cruisers.

Old 11-05-2004, 03:58 PM
mswamper
Freshman User
As the hair fell out and what remained turned gray, I have becone very a conservitive driver.

Old 11-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Mike W
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drive at the speed limit. I hate it when a big rig is coming up at 73 mph behind me in the center lane when they are supposed to stay at 55. All the cars are passing me at 80+ in the fast lane. What I really can't stand is the moron going faster then 80 and going all over the lanes trying to get by everyone else.

Old 11-05-2004, 05:10 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really hate those people that drive slow and won't let me past them. So I get up REAL close to their rear bumper, and just ride it till they get out of the way. Of course, the ones I hate even more are those jackasses that get RIGHT on my rear bumper and won't pass......

Old 11-05-2004, 05:25 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
One of my favorite games is having some idiot pass me and watching him switch from lane to lane, then I pull up beside him at the first light only to have him blast off again... then I catch him at the next light. I have had this go on for miles as I drove along at the limit, and idiot was never out of my sight.
Dono

Old 11-05-2004, 05:53 PM
DRP
Senior User
I guess I'm in my own category. I drive like I am a NASCAR driver, only in a 4x4 pick-up. People fear the big truck right on them so they move on over. Other people in cars hate me, but the gas stations around here love me. I'm safe though, I know how to handle a big ol' truck like mine, and I know when to NASCAR it around town and when not to.

Old 11-05-2004, 05:57 PM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
I figure I play nice all day in my big truck When I'm in my own truck I figure there is enuff defensive drivers Time for Offense

Old 11-05-2004, 07:13 PM
SOCOM
Senior User
I'm a situational driver. I used to be a street-runner while I had my cavalier and that car taught me how to drive. Normally I'm a pretty laid-back driver, I just want to get there alive and unharmed.

But if we have to get there in a hurry, let me behind that wheel.

Of course, in my truck my motto is "Can't burn 'em, don't turn 'em!"

You guys are smart enough to figure that one out I'm sure.

Greg

Old 11-05-2004, 07:47 PM
furball69
Postmaster
I typically exceed the speed limit by 10 - 15% sometimes more. I don't weave in and out of traffic unless someone is doing less than the speed limit and I hate it when people do.

I will actually do my best to inhibit someones weaving by speeding up or slowing down to a vehicle in the next lane and therefore closing the passing gap or I'll see someone weaving and even if I am speeding at the moment I will let them weave up until there right behind me and in my lane thinking I'm still going to speed past the car in the other lane and then slow down to the same speed of the vehicle in the other lane.

Old 11-05-2004, 08:34 PM
56 Effie Aurea
Senior User
I'm a multi-task driver.

If the wife and I are going somewhere in the Expedition I take my time and and keep it just a tad over the speed limit .

If I'm in my F-150 I'm usually working and in a hurry so I push the limit without trying to step on anyone's toes...except for poke asses; I'll leave them in my dust .

If I'm in my F100 street rod, especially with a buddy, it doesn't take much coaxing to see what she'll do...and I must admit I've gone over the speed limit puttin' her thru the gears at 6000rpm...way over .
Norb

Quick Reply: Hey what kind of driver are you