Let's Get The Party Started!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Let's Get The Party Started!

People in Ontario!

I know I haven't been as active of a chapter leader as I should be but we need to get together! Anyone have ANY ideas of somewhere/time we can meet and what to do? I think it would be great to get together sometime before Christmas preferably. Or we can do a Christmas party? Any ideas let me know!

-Matt

Old 11-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Big_Fords
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that wouls be kinda cool to get together and meet everyone , a Christmas one might be neat too , ( just for the spirit) but theres always the problem of picking a place and time that is good for most people to make it too. I don't know how far my parents would be willing to drive me but I would definitly try and go. ( if someone my age would even be allowed to go). Hope that something gets put together.

Big_Fords

Old 11-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
I guess it's only you and me, Big_Fords.....

-Matt

Old 11-05-2004, 04:37 AM
Action_Jackson
New User
Hey guys. Can I throw in my two cents about a gathering?

I own both a Ford and a Dodge and I am a member of an Ontario Dodge club.

What they encourage is multiple smaller regional gatherings. For example... a bunch of guys in the Milton area meet at Tim Hortons every Thursday night, and a bunch of Windsor guys meet at East Side Marios every other Thursday night.

The Dodge group is very aggresive in attracting new members. It operates just like FTE, but has t-shirts, decals and business cards for its members to promote the group. The more people that join, the more people that will attend the various gatherings. It is not uncommon for other guys to see us lined up in parking lot, and drive up and start talking to us.

Once a year, we have a big weekend gathering in a central location where everybody gets together. We always have it in the in the summer, so those that have to come a great distance don't have to contend with bad weather.

Maybe instead of a big Christmas gathering, people can start getting together with their local buddies and spread the word.

Old 11-05-2004, 06:57 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
You said Dodge! Just kiddin' Welcome to FTE!
You have some very good suggestions. I think the only problem is that there are not many people that are actually together in smaller areas. For example, close to where I live there are 3 people (including myself) that all live in the same area. But, I guess it is a place to start.
Thanks for the input and I hope you'll stick around......

-Matt

Old 11-05-2004, 09:58 AM
98 nascartruck
Elder User
Sounds like a great idea and i hope more members respond to this, so we can have a good turn-out for a g2g!!!

Old 11-05-2004, 04:21 PM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Christmas season is already busy enough with family gatherings. Plus many of us put our trucks away for the winter, so if we have a get together, for most of us, we will only meet the person and not the ride. Weekly meetings are waaaaayyyy too often for me, life is already busy enough. But I agree, maybe we need some regional meets, for example say within a 100 km radius of London or something similar.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:42 AM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
I like the idea of smaller groups. It's a good starting point we've talked for 2 years now about gatherings and they are hard to get organized. Why? Ontario is a big place, not everyone is checking FTE daily, we're busy etc etc. The list goes on. A good strategy would be to build onto the work that others have already done. For example just about every little town has a cruise night througout the summer months. The local car enthusiasts groups have already already gone through the hassle of advertising in "old auto's" or whatever to get people out to these things. Some are restrictive in who they let in but not the ones in my area. They allow work in progress rides, tuners, you name it. So come spring time let's pic some places and get smaller groups gathering. If Beast has 4 guys around him then pick a cruise town and get together.
Another good suggestion is a t-shirt or sticker or something. I'm sure I've walked right by some of you guys and wouldn't know it. I have the FTE stickers but I don't see alot of them at the shows.
Beast this is a good topic but I think we'll have more success bringing it back up around early April when were itching to get them out of storage or to blow the salt off. X-mas is just a little busy for most.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by truckfarmingcanuck
Beast this is a good topic but I think we'll have more success bringing it back up around early April when were itching to get them out of storage or to blow the salt off. X-mas is just a little busy for most.
I made a post like this back in May of this year: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=245544
Hmmm......
You did make some good points though!

-Matt

Old 11-06-2004, 12:31 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Why don't you guys near whitby,pickering,Port perry ,etc hook up with the haugen's chicken guys ?

I loved that cruise-in.

Details are in another thread on this forum.

Old 11-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Roushians
Elder User
Once I get my own Ford pickup, I'm in!

Old 11-07-2004, 12:38 AM
Action_Jackson
New User
Last year I was involved in organising a Car Rally to raise money for the United Way. If people are interested, I could start working on one for our Chapter for next year. We can combine an FTE gathering and rally with one of the many car/truck shows that we have in Chatham. The city of Chatham has given instelf the nickname "The classic car capital of Canada" and are really into supporting the various shows and rallies.

If interested let me know.

Old 11-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Talking Been awhile.

It has been awhile since I have posted and yes it would be great to get together before christmas Haugen's Chicken sounds like a good spot for me because I live in Durham region so it is only about 1/2 hr for me. If any one is interested please inbox me and we can work something out. By the way I just made a visit to Special interest in Oakville they sell old ford truck parts and other old vehicle parts and manuals great place. I would also be willing to make a trip to Special interest and lunch at one of Oakvilles fine downtown resturants. (Special interest is a dealer for Dennis Carpenter ford parts).

kn.

Old 11-17-2004, 08:27 PM
ampegor
Junior User
Southern ontario is out for me as i live at least 4 1/2 hours from the GTA and much farther from london area and the old girl only gets 14-16 mpg and money is tight right now. As for a meeting of locals in the sudbury or northbay areas i'm in- anyone interested - as for the winter that's what my truck is for
Andy

Old 11-27-2004, 12:15 AM
Quadiquizm
Elder User
The main thing is to start planning early and be sure to have a place secured. I think that having a Central-Eastern group and a South-Western group (as that appears to be the split amongst most of the folks) would work for more regular type meetings, but then have a once a year meet at the same time every year at the same spot and just promote the heck out of that single meet - perhaps latch on to some existing meet and tie in FTE?
Just some thoughts.
Best of luck guys.

MY FORD TRUCK

Last edited by Quadiquizm; 11-27-2004 at 12:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Let's Get The Party Started!