Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vibrations

Old 10-18-2004, 02:28 PM
250jl
Junior User
250jl is starting off with a positive reputation.
vibrations

i have a 03 psd with a 2.5' leveling kit on it and a new set of 315/75/16 bfg at's. my truck shakes bad when im driving on the highway at speeds over 50 mph. im not sure if its the fact that i have beefier springs in the front or what. i know its now the tires because they dont have more than 4000 miles on them. my truck did this before i had this new set of tires. the old set of tires were bfg muds in the same size, i thought it might be the fact that the muds were worn out and out of round and that was why it was acting up but its continued since then. any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. thanks

Old 10-18-2004, 04:09 PM
bodabdan
Posting Guru
bodabdan has a good reputation on FTE.bodabdan has a good reputation on FTE.
You may need to lower your carrier bearing that's on your driveshaft. Raising a truck will change the angle on the u-joints. I have heard that the carrier bearing should be lowered 1/4 inch for every inch of lift. Place the appropriate shim between the bearing and where the bearing mounts. You may need longer bolts. You should verify this figure for yourself before you follow my advice. I suspect that this will at least help.
If you truck is 4WD it is possible to remove the rear shaft and drive on the front end only. If the vibration goes away then you at least know it's in the rear driveline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.