2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions On Dual Exhaust, Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 12:47 AM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Questions On Dual Exhaust, Exhaust Tips

Hello Everyone,

What are some nice exhaust tips for stock exhaust (Tail) pipe and where did you get a good deal on them?

Wouldnt a rolled edge cause a slight resistance to exiting exhaust possibly causing a small (probably too slight to worry about) power loss?

What size is the stock tail pipe, it looks like three of four inches, I will measure tomorrow...

I am pretty new to Exhaust modifications. Anyone have some answers to the following questions?

Have many of you installed a true dual exhaust system? If so, what type and what was the itemized cost (Parts install) where did you get it done?

Other than looks, is there any real advantage to splitting the exhaust in to two exit pipes? (I would call this fake dual exhaust, but I am a newby)

Which exhaust systems and mount locations look and sound the best on the 04 F150?

When I can afford it, which may be a while, I would like to improve performance, gas mileage maybe, and sound, but also do not want it to get real loud in the cab...

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Dave