Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Are we ever going to have a get together in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 03:38 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we ever going to have a get together in Texas?

What's the deal folks? I keep reading posts about how we need to have a get together. Nothing ever comes of it. Rosati had one and I had one, neither drew many folks. Someone needs to step up to the plate and put something together.

I will attend if it is within a reasonable distance, say within 100 - 150 miles of Ft Hood.

If you folks that are close to Ft Hood want to get together at my place, let me know, I am always up for a gathering of Ford Fans.

(Don't make me go through the roll call pages to find out who is local to me..... )

Chris

Old 10-16-2004, 02:25 PM
f100guy
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
well hey i am in new caney, that is probably pretty far from you. but i just built an HO 302 to drop back in my 82 supercab/c6. if anybody is bored one day or night, they can give me a holler and we can put this thing together.(drop it in and bolt the tranny up.)

Old 10-17-2004, 10:03 AM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Went to UTI with a guy from New Caney named Buckaloo. He had an old Ford farm pickup. This was back in the early 90's.

Chris

Old 10-17-2004, 08:04 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I went to a local one about a year back, three of us showed up. It would be easier if we lived in one if the pocket sized states, distance is a big problem in Texas. I believe that an area approach (North-Central-South) with all invited, perhaps coincidental with some event like a race (Dallas has a number of small tracks with reasonable prices) or a car/truck show. I believe an up-front fee for a meal and tickets to the event might induce a few more to actually show up. Also might consider giving small plaque for one who cames the greatest distance. Spring or Summer is probably the best time. I'll do a little research.
Dono

Old 10-21-2004, 07:34 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

i emailed the chamber in .. oh what was the name of that town ?? ... durn... the one that's the geographic center of tx? anyway, there's a car show there in april of nxt year. they never wrote me back. i'm going to try agan and get the mailing address and write a letter in case something happened with the email. i'd call but i can't make phone calls at work and they're closed when i get off. if this show is big enough, and enough people wanna go, then its the ctr of tx and might be a really good one to consider making like an every year thing for all the smaller regions to get together and go to.

as of yet, this panhandle area (lubbock, amarillo, etc) hasn't gotten together that i know. nothing ever seems to land at the right time or if it does, i only find out like the night before. i dont see any advertising for car shows or anything around here until the news does a story the day of/after or the late night news show the day before.

i'm really mad at myself for forgetting the name of that town ... but if that sounds good, i'll make a more active effort to find out about it...

Old 10-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Rosati
Postmaster
I believe you said it was Brady Texas.
Here's the link you posted: http://www.bradytx.com/calendar5/index.html

Old 10-24-2004, 10:16 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

yeah that's right... stilll can't believe i forgot the name of that town... i know i have the links in favorites somewhere its just a matter of remembering where...

thanks for the reminder

Old 10-25-2004, 07:34 AM
supernewguy
Senior User
Old 10-28-2004, 05:21 PM
centxpowerstroke
Freshman User
hey guys

hey just so you know about of us powerstrokers are running down to austin this weekend for a dyno day and get together.

Old 11-06-2004, 01:04 PM
cjsmonnie
Junior User
Anything more on getting together? I'm waaaaaaay south (Rio Grande Valley). Maybe a South Padre Island bbq weekend or something would work here (camping on the beach unless anyone wants to shell out some cash - although maybe group rate would be available if enough people showed). SPI in May-ish 2005. Yes? There is a BikeFest held every year in October but it's chilly!

Old 11-07-2004, 08:30 AM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Always wanted to hit the beaches and do some 4 wheeling on South Padre.

Plus, I am always up for a road trip.

Chris

Old 11-11-2004, 02:47 PM
cjsmonnie
Junior User
You know .. we could try to do a rally per quarter with each quarter being N, S, E & W. Maybe we could take turns hosting so each rally would be different and something new. Or do we have a Rally Committee? Any kind of Committee?

Old 12-29-2004, 04:49 AM
docholiday72tx
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last time ya'll had a get together, I had something come up and couldn't make it. I would still like to get together though. Someone had the idea several months ago of barbquing, swapping parts, and working on each other's trucks. I got extra parts, a little know how, and a bunch of tools. Rosati, have you done the disk break swap on your truck yet?

Old 12-29-2004, 12:22 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
The offer is still good for my place in Copperas Cove. Sure would like to see some people show a little enthusium for some fun.

Chris

Old 12-29-2004, 10:36 PM
docholiday72tx
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd be willing to come to Copperas cove. It's only about an hour and a half from me. Anyone else feel like a get together at the cove?