1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

fuel rail

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 11:21 PM
danger_ranger_dude
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question fuel rail

I have a 88 ford ranger V6 2.9L Im 17 and just got done with a major overhaul, (runs like a dream)and on my way to school the fuel rail burst, i tried all the auto parts places, and our local ford dealership, and ford doesnt even carry them anymore. Is there an aftermarket, or just any replacement i can get, and where? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-28-2004, 01:54 AM
Sgt_Pepper17
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, i had one...had.... i would check the junk yards. those 2.9's usually run forever. as a matter of fact, the one i had...had... was still runnin after 250,000 miles. the rings went out and there was a hole in the block. we used 4 quarts of oil to go 6 miles. it would die between shifts and had a top speed of 45 mph in 4th (5th actually caused it to die.) we replaced the almost dead motor with a carburated 2.9 which ran like a dream with only 200,000 miles. Once again, i would check the junk yards. possibly even a fuel rail from another year or make or even another vehicle would work, just take yours with. maybe even a swap meet would be good. good luck.

Old 09-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Bart99GT
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The metal part of the fuel rail burst, or the hose connecting the two rails together burst?

If it was just the hose, you can get some high pressure fuel line and reconnect the two. Just make sure the hose clamps are tight. If the metal actually split....well, that's the first time I've ever heard of that happening!!

Bart