Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Customz
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's everyone driving?

Hey fellow chapter members!!!

Just found out in!
Anyway, I wanted to say hi and ask some questions to the entire chapter and new users.

Where is everyone from?
Where do you live now?
What do you do for a living?
What is everyone driving?

Old 09-24-2004, 04:55 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome Customz,

There's a huge thread that everyone had gone back and forth on for a while that said where everyone was located, you might have to click back a couple pages but that'll give you the lowdown on where everyone's at. I'm in Gilbert, work for a computer company. Check my gallery for what I'm driving, I have some pics in there, or scroll over my sig on the right hand side, that'll give you the lowdown.

What part of AZ are you in?

Old 09-26-2004, 12:26 PM
waterskiers2
Freshman User
Just came in for the first time.

I'm in Lake Havasu City. Have an '03 F-250 6.0 turbo, 4X4, FX4, Ext Cab. In process of getting Banks 'Big Hoss' Bundle put in. Just arrived & now I have to get it put in. Just put in my OilGuard bypass filter, projector headlights & clear corners & tail lights, aux elec fan, B&M electric oil cooler, Perma Cool elec trans cooler, etc (gets HOT in Havasu) Ordered my new tires & rims yesterday to upgrade to Toyo Open Country A/T P305/50R20 on Weld Racing rims.

Have a slide in camper w/slideouts and pull a 28' Nordic powerboat. I was in the computer business until last year (systems analyst) when I retired early due to health reasons. I lived in S. Mountain Park & Gilbert b4 that. Now drying up in the desert

Old 09-27-2004, 02:12 AM
Sleestak
Junior User
Hey there

I live in Show Low and drive an 81 f-350, yehaw!

Old 09-27-2004, 08:08 AM
ShawnZ
Senior User
I lived in Show Low for many years, just moved to Mesa in february, maybe we know each other...

Anyways, Drive an '85 Bronco II and I'm working at circle K (yay X-p)

Old 09-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Sleestak
Junior User
We moved up here from the valley about 11 years ago. I don't know many people here, Unless you went to the Church of God. There used to be a guy there named Shawn. Last time I seen him, he was telling me about the wiring burning up in his car

Old 09-27-2004, 12:19 PM
ShawnZ
Senior User
I dont remember which one that is... I have been to quite a few of the churches around town, but it would have been quite a while ago. Isn't that the one accross the street from the green victorian house?

Not alot of people called me Shawn actualy, most people called me 'Ziggy', I just turned 19, was working at Pat's Place for the last 2 and a half years (before February)

probably dont know each other...

Old 09-27-2004, 04:29 PM
5.4AZ4X4
Senior User
Hi back to you Customz, welcome to the Chapter.

To answer your questions:
Im from Pittsburgh (GO STEELERS!!)
I live in Gilbert (Val Vista and Elliot)
I own an aftermarket automotive shop located near Superstition Springs. The shop has been open a whole month now!
My daily driver is a 2000 F-150 4X4, I just put new wheels and 35's on it!
But my baby is a 1988 F-150 reg-cab short bed. I am going for a "lightning" type of theme with it.

Old 09-27-2004, 04:36 PM
5.4AZ4X4
Senior User
waterskiers2 - do you have any pictures of the Nordic!?! That is on my shopping/wish list. How do you like it? Also, dont quote me on this but I believe you can fit a 325/60/R20 with a level kit in the front. Why Toyo's vs Nitto's? Just qurious.

For the Show Low people, what happened to Berg n' Brew?? Thats used to be a traditional place to go for me when I went up north.

Old 09-27-2004, 05:16 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
5.4 - What's the name of the shop you own? I have a huge wish list of things for my SD that I wanna buy (on board air compressor, gears/lockers, etc)..

Old 09-27-2004, 05:44 PM
5.4AZ4X4
Senior User
On board compressor huh? You have air suspension in the rear or something?

Before I mention what and where my shop is I do want to say that I dont want to be known as the guy who tries to sell stuff via FTE. I have been an FTE member well before I ever opened up shop. I mentioned the shop because it pertained to the fourm topic. As far as FTE goes, I wouldnt mind advertising my shop as a meeting place to meet with other members and do some off-roading and whatnot! With that said, the shop is about 1/6 mile east of Recker on Baseline. Its in the Delta Commerce Park Suite 105&106. You'll know its me because I will have my white F-150 out front with cool lookin wheels and tires!

Old 09-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Sleestak
Junior User
Originally Posted by ShawnZ
probably dont know each other...
Probably not, but it wouldn't suprise me if you know my daughter. Her name is Melissa (Missy). She is 18 y/o.

Old 09-27-2004, 10:45 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Nahh, I just do alot of wheeling and airing up and down would be alot easier with a little help from under the hood (not that I can air down much with 16.5inch rims but every bit counts). Plus you never know when you might need some air!

Didn't mean to put you under the gun with throwin' your business out there, was just curious where you're at. I might have to make a visit out there one of these days. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that F-150. Throw some pics in your gallery so we can all see these wheels and tires!!

Old 09-28-2004, 01:09 AM
waterskiers2
Freshman User
[QUOTE=5.4AZ4X4]waterskiers2 - do you have any pictures of the Nordic!?! That is on my shopping/wish list. How do you like it? Also, dont quote me on this but I believe you can fit a 325/60/R20 with a level kit in the front. Why Toyo's vs Nitto's? Just qurious. QUOTE]

Yeah, I do have pictures. I'll upload them tomorrow when I have time. )The house across the street burned down tonight.)

I've been outside protecting my Nordic because it was parked in the street in front of the house. I've been spraying water on the cover for the past 90 minutes or so. Love the Nordic! It's a really, really fun boat! I bought the 28' Heat w/the closed bow which gives you 2 opposing love seats, elec sliding fiberglass door to give you privacy & a King size bed up front. I put A/C & generator in it this summer, so it's all ready for FL this winter & here next summer. Put a fantastic A/V sound system in w/MB Quart's new marine speakers down both sides (outside) & Sony 10-disk DVD changer inside w/20" Sony LCD, Dolby Digital/dts, Infinity 6.1Perfects inside (3 pair), Butler tube amps, JL Audio 1000.2 sub amp & 2 JL Audio 13.5 W7 subs under the engine cover.

Back to the truck. I bought the Toyo tires because they just look more agressive than the Nitto's in the A/T tire. The Toyo's are also 'E' rated & the Nitto's aren't. I have a very heavy truck camper plus pulling the boat,

Another reason for the Toyo's was because I wanted the 10 ply tires. Didn't want to go with the M/T's because of all the road noise. Decided on the LT305/55/20 because even though '50' isn't that much less than '55', it would be a stiffer ride. On long trips, that's just too much for my back (broke it in '81 & again in '88)

I don't have a 4 way leveling system, mine is the Firestone Ride-Rite 'auto' system that pumps up the air bags individually, but I only have them in the rear right now. I did buy the heavy duty compressor & the 3 gallon air tank, so adding the front air bags wouldn't take much.

Are the Nitto's that much better than the Toyo's? I've always heard the Toyo's were so good. I haven't really heard too much about the Nitto's. I think the Nitto's are cheaper, aren't they? If they're a better tire, I might be able to still cancel the Toyo's. Let me know when you have a chance. Thanks-

Old 09-28-2004, 06:10 AM
ShawnZ
Senior User
Originally Posted by Sleestak
Probably not, but it wouldn't suprise me if you know my daughter. Her name is Melissa (Missy). She is 18 y/o.
quite possible, did she go to school at Show Low HS?