Audiovox cruise control & Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 09:38 PM
John Thomas II
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audiovox cruise control & Updates

Hi,

I installed an Audiovox CSS-100 cruise control in my truck today. It won't hold speed above 40 mph. I have to turn it off then back on to re-engage it once it disengages. If anyone has one of these can you tell me what you set your DIP switches to? Also, did you hook the blue wire on the kit to the green and yellow coil wire?

Thanks for your help,
John Thomas

Old 09-19-2004, 10:11 AM
John Thomas II
Junior User
Problem is solved...

Hi,

Contrary to the instructions, I set the Pulse Per Minute (PPM) switches to 4000 PPM instead of the suggested 2000 PPM. It works fine now above 40 mph.

John Thomas

Old 09-19-2004, 04:50 PM
beaver77
New User
I had the same problem with the instructions and dip switches, I sent you an e mail of where I hooked every thing up, and where I put the switches.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:31 AM
John Thomas II
Junior User
More trouble with my Audiovox cruise control... please help!

Hi,

I recently installed an Audiovox CCS-100 cruise control in my 77 F150.

It works perfectly unless I have the headlights or parking lights on. If they are on, it slowly looses speed until it kicks off.

It works fine with the parking lights and headlights off. Even with the air conditioner and fan going full speed. I measured voltage to the wires that are hot and they all get 12.03 volts with the lights on or off.

What is most odd to me is that with the lights on, it doesn't cut the cruise off completely, it just makes it so it can't hold the set speed. And even the parking lights cause this. So, I don't see how there is too much of a draw on the electrical system.

It's almost like the headlight switch is affecting the vacuum somehow.

I know this is the craziest thing you've probably ever heard, but it's true. Does anyone have any ideas? I called the company and they told me I have it hooked up wrong. It is hooked up exactly as the instructions told me and I've quadruple checked all the wires.

Please help!
Thanks,
John Thomas

Old 09-24-2004, 03:15 AM
79RangerJoel
Freshman User
Sure wish I could help out. It is SO FRUSTRATING to put something in and have the seller assume you have done something wrong...GRRR. Just out of curiosity, have you put in a headlight relay on your truck? Might that lower some of the juice-sucking off of your CC device? I don't know jack about such things, but it never hurts to ask...

Also, is yours automatic or standard, or would it matter? I've been wishing for cruise control, but figured it was out of the question for my old 79 standard tranny F150. Anyway, hope you get it straightened out~