2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eclipse Head Unit!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 12:26 AM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eclipse Head Unit!

Has anyone installed the new Eclipse in dash system? If you did, how does it perform if not and this is your first time hearing about it...here's what this thing can do
The AVX 2494 has been designed to deliver a level of user convenience that serious music lovers will definitely appreciate. A 20GB HDD that is incorporated into the double-DIN body operates as a huge jukebox. And it does it without having to be commanded or requiring the user to do anything. The 20GB HDD offers high speed access and features a streamlined spindle motor optimized for stability at high revolutions.

20GB HDD Music Juke
Automatic recording.

Any time you insert a CD into the unit and play it, what happens is that all the tracks on the CD are automatically recorded* onto the hard disk in the sequence they’re played. As you play other CDs, the same thing happens, the hard disk slowly filling itself with your favorite music, all the way up to 3,000 song files! If a CD is ejected in mid-song, say during track 5, recording automatically terminates at the end of track 4. If the same CD is reinserted, recording starts automatically at the beginning of track 5.

*uses ATRAC3 encoding
For the most efficient recording, the AVX2494 uses ATRAC3 encoding which is a feature on many portable music devices.
It’s an advanced encoding/decoding process that compresses music files to just 1/10 the size without harming the music content.

Just keep listening.

With a loaded disk drive, you can have music playing constantly without having to do a thing except listen! The increasing integration of digital technologies makes this the easiest way to always have an immense music library on hand — no discs needed and no extra hardware.

Automatically reads track information.
Also CDDB-enabled, the AVX2494 can automatically pick up CD title and song information for about 230,000 songs during ripping and will conveniently display the information when playing back music from the hard disk.

Also records from broadcasts.
Another plus is that Music Juke even allows you to record AM/FM radio broadcast clips. Just hit the record button when you hear something you like being broadcast and Music Juke will make sure it’s recorded from the song’s beginning, even if you hit the record button after it started!
I'm glad I waited before installing the DX7015, I think this is something worth having. now, if I only had $3000 sitting around.......hmmmm what can I get rid of .

Old 09-18-2004, 05:26 AM
BostonFX
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the most part it's the same thing as Kenwood's music keg. The difference is that you don't have to take the cartridge out and take it in the house to transfer music from your computer. Personaly, I'd rather spend 400.00 on a Kenwood and keep the rest in the bank!