1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Neutral saftey switch not the problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Fishinmanfromindian
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neutral saftey switch not the problem

Okay i have no backup lights and no ability to turn overdrive off( not that i want to but it may help to narrow down the problem) i changed the neutral saftey switch and still neither work is there something in the steering colum that controlls these things all the gears work and the indicator works BTW it's a 98 ranger 2wd EXT cab XLT

The indicator light doesn't appear to work

Last edited by Fishinmanfromindian; 09-08-2004 at 06:57 PM. Reason: add information
Old 09-08-2004, 08:15 PM
hreed
Posting Guru
Did you check the fuse? There is one for the backup lights and I think it also protects the overdrive.

Old 09-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Fishinmanfromindian
New User
well i've gone thru and pulled most fuses but i don't have a owners manual as i bought it used so if someone could give me the fuse number and size i'll check it and make sure it's okay although this may be more electrical wiring wise as i was underneath the truck looking for broken wires and going down the harness and checking connectors and now my turn signal on driver side rear doesn't work may have to drop some bills on this one

Old 09-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Vin 95
Elder User
Fuse #29,its a10amp almost at the bottom of the panel.it puts power to the O/D system,back-up lights,and something called the DRL system.