Truck pulls - Revisted - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Truck pulls - Revisted

Old 09-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Posting Guru

DMAX-HD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Truck pulls - Revisted

Seems lately all the good thread's regarding the PSD vs. The Dmax have been closed by the moderators for taking an ill turn (e.g. Truck pulls and which V8 diesel is the best motor) Please lets keepp this 1 clean.

As far as the truck pulling issue I really haven't seen to many 6.0 PSDs or Duramax's in truck pulls or tractor pulls. If so please post and let us know. It appears the Cummins motor is better suited for this and have dominated this event. With the 7.3 PSD being second. Maybe it's just the fact that the 2 v designs are kinda new.

I guess if you got track times post those too. The fastest I've seen is mTomac's Duramax time - it was under 12 that's all I can remember.

myself
Never pulled a sled with the Dmax - couple times with a 7.3 PSD...
Ran 13.29 1/4 (semi-modded)

thx - lets keep this thread open awhile
Old 09-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Elder User

FORD352V8 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do you own a Ford?
Old 09-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Post Fiend

johnsdiesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Don't you think if the thread was locked it's probably a good idea not to start the same thread? Hmmmmmm, who's trying to start trouble?
Old 09-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Posting Guru

FordLariat is starting off with a positive reputation.
Who sanctions truck pulls? Are they actually sponsored by Ford, Dodge, Chevrolet or any of the diesel manufacturers? Are they stock diesels? My idea is that most people are using their Fords for work, and don't have a lot of time to make it to compete in the truck pulls.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:31 AM
Senior User

DieselDonor7.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordLariat
Who sanctions truck pulls? Are they actually sponsored by Ford, Dodge, Chevrolet or any of the diesel manufacturers? Are they stock diesels? My idea is that most people are using their Fords for work, and don't have a lot of time to make it to compete in the truck pulls.
I have seen plenty of people that purchased a diesel for non-work purposes. They may put stuff in the bed occasionally and use it for actual towing sometimes, but some just buy the diesel for the torque(a high number looks good on paper), modifying potential, reliability, gas mileage, and the sound. Am I the only one who finds the quieter diesels a bad thing? The smell and the sound of diesels were the reasons I first started liking diesels when I was younger.

As for the truck pulls I doubt it's sponsored by anybody... if it is its Dodge since they seem to have found a niche they actually succeed in. Modifying potential can be an issue for some people when deciding which new diesel to buy. The truck pulls are basically just a hobby but I would participate if I could.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:36 AM
Posting Guru

FordLariat is starting off with a positive reputation.
I read that Ford says that over 90% of their SD truck customers actually use their trucks for towing. Either way, I haven't seen anyone get a brand-new truck to compete in the diesel pulls, unless they have more money than I do to deal with a truck that's going to have a voided warranty.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:51 AM
Posting Guru

Logical Heritic is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordLariat
Its actually more a matter of expense to get the engine to perform with the top diesels. It just was not possible with the 7.3.
Now look at what tomac has done with the duramax. Proving it as a viable engine for racing and pulling.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Speed cost money...how fast do you want to go...there is no issue with any engine.
If you have, the funding you can make anything quicker...
Even the 7.3...not suggesting it would be a good platform to work with...however you could.
There are some very quick 7.3 out there
Old 09-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD352V8
Do you own a Ford?
Currently not at this time. I'm the 'Competion' part of this forum.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Elder User

FORD352V8 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAX-HD
Currently not at this time. I'm the 'Competion' part of this forum.
Well, I think thats BS. This is FTE Ford Truck Enthusiats. If you dont own a Ford and own the brand that everyone hates on this forum, then why are you here? Do you have any posts outside of the Ford vs the competion forum? I think its time to dump the DuraCrap and get a real truck.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
OK guys...enough.....NOW
Old 09-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Post Fiend

johnsdiesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tim, check your PM.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:04 PM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
I'm not a moderator, but let me just say that we're getting out of control here. DMAX-HD just asked a simple and honest question with no harm intended. All he's looking for are honest and fair reposnses. Because he's a Duramax owner, doesn't mean that we should to bash him. While I've done my fair share of bashing, I've come to realize that what I've done is wrong. I've also come to the realization that we all bought are trucks according to what we liked about them and wanted on them. Be it the overall looks, styling, power, price, or experience; we all got what we wanted. Therefore, we shouldn't judge a man or woman by their truck or cover.

This is the "Ford vs The Competition" part of he forum. Would anyone not expect there to be some Duramax and Cummins owners lurking? Or even posting? If they never posted, we wouldn't ever know the truth about isuues or other things. In addition to that, there wouldn't be a point to this part of the forum or the forum to begin with. This is a free forum where anyone may post provided that they follow the guidelines. Again, we shouldn't judge a man or woman by their truck or cover. Instead, we should accept the fact that they preferred another brand over Ford. After all, if we didn't have the power to choose; how would we live?

Last edited by Toreador_Diesel; 09-10-2004 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD352V8
Well, I think thats BS. This is FTE Ford Truck Enthusiats. If you dont own a Ford and own the brand that everyone hates on this forum, then why are you here? Do you have any posts outside of the Ford vs the competion forum? I think its time to dump the DuraCrap and get a real truck.
Also, I do post in the 6.0 forum and have in the 7.3 forum. I think my posts have been fair and open-minded.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Lamkin
Speed cost money...how fast do you want to go...there is no issue with any engine.
If you have, the funding you can make anything quicker...
Even the 7.3...not suggesting it would be a good platform to work with...however you could.
There are some very quick 7.3 out there
Why would you not think the 7.3 is a good platform to work with - it has plenty of displacement.