Rebuilt Block...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 02:42 AM
darklyght
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rebuilt Block...

So, I need a little help here. I have had my engine rebuilt and when I took it to the shop it was all one big piece then I get back a beautiful block and a box full of parts. I am not familiar with putting these back together, especially when I was not the one taking it all appart. Yep, we took the engine out of the truck, but now the clutch, water pump, exhaust and so on are all off, none of the nuts and bolts are marked and I am just lost!!! I came to this site looking for some help with this. I need guidance or a willing pair of hands to help get me through this. I would be glad to learn from anyone willing to teach.

Charron

Old 09-06-2004, 08:28 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow - this could get interesting!
OBTW - Welcome to FTE. Sorry about your mess.
Honestly, I believe a step-by-step rebuild is beyond the scope of what can occur here (using FTE to guide each step. I'm afraid it would take months to complete after posting and waiting, and posting and waiting......
My suggestions:
a) pay somebody who knows how to do it
b) buy a Haynes or Chiltons manual and tackle it yourself.
The Haynes and Chiltons have a complete tear down and rebuild section so, if you go at it yourself, I'd have one at-the-ready.
Best of luck!

Old 09-06-2004, 11:07 PM
darklyght
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thank you. A friend of mine knows a Ford master tech/ waranty inspector, so that should be some help. We also have both manuals on hand. It just seems that a few bolts were misplaced when the machine shop tore things appart to get to the block. I will post when things are working right. And my truck is back on the road and fully operational.