Check your injector wiring!!! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check your injector wiring!!!

Old 09-02-2004, 10:47 PM
Post Fiend

Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
Check your injector wiring!!!

Ok, I just completed another repair to my '99 F-550. It started running strangely a few days ago and checked things out and found that the glow plug wire for #6 was shorting out against the push rod!

I took the valve cover off to also discover this: The plug was on crooked!

I removed the right side valve cover to see that the same problem was going to happen there and replaced that side too. See the wire rubbing on the push rod.

The new wiring harnes is routed a little different to make sure that doesn't happen again. Plus I bent them as far away from any moving object as possible.

It wouldn't surprise me if all the '99s with certain production run have this problem.

Last edited by Kwikkordead; 03-12-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Posting Guru

Fire Rooster is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Kwik,

Glad you were able to find the problem and solve it fairly quickly and easily. Thanks for the info and the up date.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:58 PM
Posting Guru

Just realized that was my, 500th post thanks kwik!!
Old 09-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Post Fiend

Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
Glad to help.

Oh I forgot to post this. If you want to see the high resolution pictures here they are zipped up. It's a 5.7 meg file so be ready.
http://home.comcast.net/~kwikkordead/big_pics.zip

Last edited by Kwikkordead; 10-27-2006 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Posting Guru

Hey Kwik this is off the subject but I was looking at your rig and 5er (Very nice by the way) Have you looked at the c-betr mirrors? I have some and I love em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only for towing but everyday driving too. Worth every penny you can see the side of the truck the three lanes next to you, your 5er tires and the rear end of the 5er too. Great purchase.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Post Fiend

I never thought about any bigger mirrors because I have the non-adjustable Dumbo style mirrors that provide great visibility even while towing the trailer.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Posting Guru

Kwik, The mirrors I am talking about are made to fit yours. I do have the telescoping mirrors, I am guessing yours do not move in and out but believe me you see much better with these c-betrs. They are basically the round fish eye mirrors with the ABS brackets to fit your dual arms that hold your mirrors. Look up qworks on the web.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Rooster
Kwik, The mirrors I am talking about are made to fit yours. I do have the telescoping mirrors, I am guessing yours do not move in and out but believe me you see much better with these c-betrs. They are basically the round fish eye mirrors with the ABS brackets to fit your dual arms that hold your mirrors. Look up qworks on the web.
Thank you for the tip. I have spot mirrors built into the bottom of the mirrors on my truck, but I'll check it out and see.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:47 PM
Posting Guru

I will get a picture of mine in the next couple of days and post it. I think the website at Qworks shows a good piture of them too. I also have the same built in spot mirrors you do but these add sooo much better visability, and they just add to the existing mirrors not replacing any.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:52 PM
Posting Guru

Old 09-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Post Fiend

82F100SWB has a very good reputation on FTE.82F100SWB has a very good reputation on FTE.82F100SWB has a very good reputation on FTE.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:27 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82F100SWB
Wow where'd that rust come from??? Is this common with the PSD? I've heard other people write about it. Mine was spotless.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:41 PM
New User

mcgyver is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey guys...Thanks a bunch for the info! You guys nailed it! I'm goin to get new UVC harness' tomorrow and see if I can get another 200K outta my '00 350 SD.
Thanks again!
Old 12-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Post Fiend

white Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud ofwhite Buffalo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Rooster
Additional mirrors look good.

Fire Rooster, how is the visibility of the passenger side tires on the 5th wheel?
Old 12-17-2006, 11:04 PM

cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.cookie88 has a spectacular reputation.
Welcome to FTE mcgyver.

You must have been reading threads for a while to glean some info from a two year old post.