Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Question???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 05:52 PM
beez82gt
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question???

We Have A Place To Submit Want Ads For Ontario..........is There A Place To Post Classifieds For Ontario. The General Classifieds Are More Less In The States. I Live In Ontario Rather Sell My Parts To People Who Need Them Here! No Offence Its Just Easier, Shipping, Currency Etc....can A Ontario Classifieds Be Created. I Have Some Parts I No Longer Need And Would Like To Post If Possible. Reason For Having Forums Is It Not, Help Out With Problems....maybe Pick Up A Part Or Two That You Need!!! Can Someone Let Me Know IM Not To Familiar With This Site. Thanks
Brian

Old 02-11-2005, 10:46 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Brian, there are several people from Ontario selling on this site's classifieds, maybe there are more who don't put the word "Ontario" in their ad. This site doesn't allow for sale ads for various reasons, which are all valid, so don't bother arguing them. Probably the best way to get your parts to other Ontarians is to put them in the Triad, which you probably already know.

PS. Please ease off on the capital letters a bit?

Old 02-11-2005, 05:35 PM
beez82gt
New User
didn't intentionally put capitals in my thread........it just posted that way, dont know why?????? wasn't trying to be offensive. just that i have lots a parts and everytime there's interest ...i get the excuse that im located to far, or why dont i pay border crossing fees etc...... well if people would read that im from ontario, canada as displayed they would probably realize im not going to ship tires to California!! was just asking if was possible for a classified thread...as i said wasn't to familiar with this site and didn't realize, that for good reason it's not possible. was just trying to get more people involved in the Ontario chapter, thats all. its very informative and i have enjoyed browsing it.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Hi Beez82GT and Welcome to FTE! Make sure you check out the Guidelines .

I am trying to get some information for a Chapter FOR SALE AD thread but for now NO FOR SALE ads are allowed. If you need to sell something you should do it in the CLASSIFIEDS on the right. I will keep you informed on my progress.

-Matt

Old 02-11-2005, 09:55 PM
beez82gt
New User
thanks........keep me posted!!

Old 02-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Will do!

-Matt

Old 02-12-2005, 05:45 AM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
I can relate to the frustration of having someone call from Texas looking to buy a large item - like a cab. First of all Tks Beast for looking into the for sale piece. It may help even if the current classified system could narrow down by region. In the meantime some tips for sellers and buyers out there. Put "ontario" in your add or in your "search". It doesn't narrow down the year categories but atleast allows you to browse local stuff at a level that can be managed.

Keep us posted
Tks

Old 02-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by truckfarmingcanuck
It may help even if the current classified system could narrow down by region.

Keep us posted
Tks
That has been suggested before but it just can't be done. It takes more time to do the programming for it. Read this: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=314327

-Matt

Old 02-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
It is suggested that you just keep your eyes on the want ad forum & you have something a person is looking for, then you contact them privately

The problem is * Stale posts using up the data base.*
We already have new user's come to FTE & answer a tech question that was made 4 years ago.
Ken went to extreme COST & TIME for users to have a better classifieds section to make people happy.

Upper Case :

Here is a site for people to change their text if they happen to mess up posting upper case.It's a copy your text <> Paste in the window <> Copy and take back to edit a post.

It works great.
http://www.spellcheck.net/

I'm not trying to be picky but,Using Upper Case at the start of each word
(it's called Proper case) is also difficult for user's to read