Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie's general ramblings

Old 01-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Wylde1
New User

Glad I found this list
Last August I bought my dad's 1994 Aerostar XLT with 260,000 kilometers for $3,500 Canadian pesos. I know that sounds like too much coin, but in the last 2 years he's spent plenty on it (mainly 'cause he's so fussy). Anyways it's a 3.0 ltr with a 5-speed manual. He's replaced the rad.,waterpump & hoses, muffler & tailpipe, alternator, blower motor, shocks front & rear, brakes front & rear and 4 tires. He poured the wrong fluid in the clutch reservoir (oops) so the clutch master & slave cylinders were changed. While the trans was out, he replaced the clutch. While towing a camping trailer the rear-end bearings went south, so he had that completely rebuilt. Someone egg'd it one year and there were a few minor scratches in the paint, so he had it repainted. No bodywork was done because there is absolutely no rust on this vehicle anywhere. However the oilpan did rust and was replaced as well.

I had the van exactly one week, when some old lady sideswiped it while it was parked on the street. Insurance co. wanted to write it off for $3,800 but I made them fix it because it drives like a new van and I know the history of it. I'll have questions soon.

N-E-Ways, I've babbled on long enuff (verbal diorrhea)
L8R

:-staun

Old 01-04-2003, 07:55 PM
I 94 SOUTH
New User

:-staun i would have taken the money, and bought 2 decent automatics and still have money left over.a manual trans never:-X23 not me,even my 40000 lbs crane carrier recycler from work is a automatic #32201!

Old 01-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Wylde1
New User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 04-Jan-03 AT 09:25 PM (EST)]I thought about taking the money, but finding a rust free vehicle up here is difficult. remember the $3,800 is Canadian $$. All in all, I've been really inpressed with the van. The only thing that hasn't been touched is the engine and even it doesn't burn or leak any oil. Lastly, I'm a stick man. I had one Jap car that went over 505,000 kilometers on the original clutch. Since there was a new one put in the van last year, I'm sure I won't have to replace it again.