Computer Chips & Tuners  

reflashed computer code

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 11:30 PM
eckart
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
reflashed computer code

Ford reflashed the computer to the latest calibration on my 99 F350 PSD, now when I put my super chip in I don't get my wait to start light and yes the truck will not start with it in.Ford sent my chip away to be reflashed saying the chip needs to be reflashed to match the new computer calibration, but it came back saying it couldn't be done because they cann't find a 4 digit code for the computer.It was a DAC 2 but how do I find out what it is now. The new strategy code is VKAE4, file name is VKAE4P8, module ID number is OX4588, module part number is XU2FPB. I quess I'm having a hard time with the thought of my chip being useless after my computer was updated. Thanks for any help.

Old 08-22-2004, 12:04 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Unfortunately, Superchips uses 1 bank codes for their gold (diesel) modules. That means it has to match up to the computer code exactly. If the computer gets reflashed with a new code then it will not work until the chip if reprogrammed to match it.

As to what the calibration is now, by law they are supposed to put a sticker somewhere that has the calibration id. Look on the computer box for a white sticker for the code (three letters followed by one number). Sometimes they'll also put it it somewhere under the hood area or on the driver's side door or door frame. Its about the size of a postage stamp. Also, try asking for the calibration id and I can cross reference that. At the very least, Ford should have your latest calibration id in their computer system -- call you dealer if all else fails and post that id here.

Old 08-22-2004, 09:56 AM
eckart
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had the truck in to ford 2 times trying to figure it out and all they came up with are the codes listed above. Looks like I'm sol. They are saying I need to run a tuner. Guess it'll stay stock till spring. Just read that you sell to canada, thats great I'll look you up when I buy one.

Old 08-22-2004, 10:39 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Take the truck to a Superchips dealer that does chips (not just Microtuners). He can plug in the computer to his hardware and read it out. He can find out the code that way, if he's good at what he does.