Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Real world pull results

Old 09-03-2004, 08:52 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Dxant
Don't fall for the "buy American" slogan. Buy what suits you best. GM own outright or partially: Daewoo, Suzuki, Subaru, Saab, Vauxhall, Opel, Polaris(?), Fiat (who owns Farrari), Holden, and Isuzu, which manufactures Duramax engines. Ford owns Jaguar, Aston martin, Mazda, Volvo Cars (not Volvo trucks) and a few more. Whenever you buy one of these products, an American company profits. Don't buy based on emotions, buy based on sound logic and reasoning.
I do not believe you have been properly welcomed to the site…WELCOME…now with that out of the way …take a moment to read the Guidelines and the “Read First” at the top of each forum visited.
Enjoy FTE

Old 09-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Dxant
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I own a 2002 F-350 dually, unmodified. Great Truck!! Great, great truck!! But I like looking at the big picture and telling it as it is. I didn't buy the Fords because I have a grudge against Dodge or Chevy. I did my research, and the Ford was the best choice for the money.

By the way, there is a reason Ford is the best selling truck. The Duramax has the biggest engine, but doesn't out-pull the Ford or Dodge. GM wasted a great opportunity. Dodge redesigned their truck two years ago and failed to come up with a full size crew cab, or better quality materials than Ford. Ford got it right a long time ago and is building on it. The next Chevy truck will have to be a grandslam home run to overtake Ford in sales. The japanese are on the full size truck horizon. Take a look at the Nissan Titan. Toyota is building a bigger Tundra. It won't be long before they'll be in the heavy duty class with diesel engines. If the Big three don't watch their backs, then the future big three (in truck sales) may be Toyota, Nissan, and Ford. Look at how they over took the big three in car sales.

Old 09-03-2004, 09:28 PM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
No, I own a 2002 F-350 dually, unmodified. Great Truck!! Great, great truck!! But I like looking at the big picture and telling it as it is. I didn't buy the Fords because I have a grudge against Dodge or Chevy. I did my research, and the Ford was the best choice for the money.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I bought a Ford because I believe that they have the best all around package and that their diesel is the best on the market. If I didn't think so I wouldn't think twice about buying another truck.

By the way, welcome to FTE!

Old 09-03-2004, 09:35 PM
PowerStroke King
Senior User
The Duramax has the biggest engine, but doesn't out-pull the Ford or Dodge.
Maybe not the PSD, but the Duramax has a number of advantages over the Cummins, and should out-pull it.

Old 09-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Dxant
New User
The Duramax should out pull them all...6.6 liters vs 6.0 and 5.9 liters. When the Duramax first came out, it's specs should have been 320 hp and 600 ft/lb of torque rather than a puny 300 hp and 520 ft/lb torque. It has that capability. If it did, it would have freed up capital and bought GM some time to improve on other aspects of its trucks. But instead , GM finds it's self spending precious capital making the engine more powerful year after year and still not in the lead. That's my $.02.

Does the 7.3 ps have more take off torque than the 6.0 ps? Or is it just me?

Old 09-03-2004, 10:13 PM
PowerStroke King
Senior User
It's just you.

Old 09-04-2004, 12:27 AM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's just you. Also, the next Chevy beter be one heck of a grand slam of a truck like you said, because Ford's ahead by over 110,000 trucks so far this year, and that's one heckuva gap to make up. I don't think the Duramamx is maxed out, no, I think it's a good engine, but until Chevy loses the IFS, they'll never take Ford's HD truck sales away.

Old 09-07-2004, 12:38 PM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
The Duramax should out pull them all...6.6 liters vs 6.0 and 5.9 liters. When the Duramax first came out, it's specs should have been 320 hp and 600 ft/lb of torque rather than a puny 300 hp and 520 ft/lb torque. It has that capability. If it did, it would have freed up capital and bought GM some time to improve on other aspects of its trucks. But instead , GM finds it's self spending precious capital making the engine more powerful year after year and still not in the lead. That's my $.02.

Does the 7.3 ps have more take off torque than the 6.0 ps? Or is it just me?
The Dmax was 'King-of-the mountain' when it came out it didn't need to go any higher. Trucks and computers are the same. Your not gonna get the fulladavntage of a diesel unless you do it yourself. Companys are only interested ingetting your $$$ and will only increment numbers a little bit at a time. If anybody thinks they are getting 'cutting edge' technoogy in a new vehicle motor - your sadly mislead. They make those motors for years of upgrades - Case-in-point the 7.3 litre which by the way comes off slower then the 6.0 and Duramax. Displacement doesn't rule the roost anymore - RPMS.

Old 09-07-2004, 12:59 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did I here somebody say Dmax was king of the mountain. Nah. It must have been a misprint. Ah its just tha DMAX guy again. Yeh I think your right. The 6.0 has way more power potential then it does. They just up it once in a while. Just a marketing ploy. Oh I must get the new truck with more power. Anything to gain sales. GMs doin the same thing.

Old 09-07-2004, 01:01 PM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
they all do that.