Sponsored by: DP Tuner

can you share a chip tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 12:57 PM
dzjammer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can you share a chip tuner?

Hey guys, just bought a 2000 psd crewcab and had a couple questions about the chip upgrades and tuners. My office neighbor also has a powerstroke and has considered buying a chip. I am under the impression that once you hook up a tuner and reflash the chip, its basically married to that truck forever. What I'm asking is we can't split the cost of a predator to do both our trucks right?
Thanks, Dave
p.s. smoked the tires on this rig during the test drive, not sure if I really need anything more. wasn't expecting that big of a difference from my v10. wow

Old 08-17-2004, 01:00 PM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
Obviously when you have a chip it is physically impossible for it to be in two places at once. The tuners will also only allow you to use it on one vehicle at a time. Once the program is loaded into your vehicle you can't use it on another vehicle until you return the program to the tuner. You can use it on more than one vehicle, but only one vehicle at a time.

Old 08-17-2004, 01:04 PM
ramtruckman
Junior User
You will only be able to tune one truck at a time it will not work on both trucks at the same time. When you hook the tuner up to the truck and upload the programming the tuner becomes VIN locked and prevents you from uploading it into another truck until the first truck has been set back to stock.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:37 AM
dzjammer
Senior User
Thanks guys, thats exactly the kind of answer I expected from this board, direct and to the point.