Gas for my chip? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Computer Chips & Tuners  

Gas for my chip?

Old 08-14-2004, 01:31 AM
vail_kid
New User
vail_kid is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Gas for my chip?

I need to know what octane fuel to run my 1998 3.0 L V6 Ford Ranger at. I got the Diablo Delta chip. Also my speedometer is off because i just got 33 inch tires instead of the stock tires that were on my truck. Any idea how off it will be? There is a speed limiter in my Ranger. I was told the chip would eliminate that but it hasn't. Does this mean that my chip isn't working?

Old 08-14-2004, 01:38 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
The red paper with the chip says to use premium fuel. Depending on where you live, that's 91-94 octane. The higher, the better.

No, the chip will not eliminate the speed limiter, not in Rangers, Explorers or Escapes. Other Fords, yes, but not the smaller truck/suv.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.