6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Mobil 1 Truck/SUV

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 01:16 AM
rotormech
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mobil 1 Truck/SUV

Looking for Mobil 1 Truck/SUV (aka Delvac 1) in St. Louis, MO. Thanks.

Old 08-03-2004, 09:01 AM
derek witt
Senior User
Just a quick note on the Mobil Delvac 5w-40 Syn(same as Mobil Truck Suv), the 6.0 loves this oil in my opinion. I changed my oil for its first this weekend at 2500miles and it is great. It runs noticably quieter and feels looser. I'll let you know on mileage, but just on the way it runs alone seems worth it.

I think I'll run the drain intervals to about 6-7 k. This should be safe. Good luck!

Old 08-03-2004, 09:18 AM
wolffee
Elder User
You can find it at AV Lubricants online for about 96bucks a case(4-1gallon bottles)SHIPPED to me in Miami FL. That was the cheapist i found. Local dealers had it for like 93. So for a few bucks igot it shipped right to my work to take home. Really good company and supper nice people. Check out avlube.com. Hope it helps and oh yeah this oil is the stuff....

Old 08-03-2004, 09:19 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Most Walmarts carry Mobil Truck & SUV. I'm adding @ 10,000 mile oil change.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:26 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wolffee
You can find it at AV Lubricants online for about 96bucks a case(4-1gallon bottles)SHIPPED to me in Miami FL. That was the cheapist i found. Local dealers had it for like 93. So for a few bucks igot it shipped right to my work to take home. Really good company and supper nice people. Check out avlube.com. Hope it helps and oh yeah this oil is the stuff....
That is $6.00 a quart. You can get Mobil 1 Truck/SUV in the quart bottles at WalMart for $4.77 a quart. You can get Shell Rotella T synthetic 5W-40 for $13.87 a gallon that is $3.47 a quart) at WalMart.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:41 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
My wally world doesn't carry it...
and won't order it for me
so it's hard to find... 4 me !

Old 08-03-2004, 02:44 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
When I asked the local Wally World to carry the Mobil 1 Truck/SUV in gallon or 5 quart container, they said that the Truck/SUV was only a test and couldn't get it in the 5 quart. But they have many other types of Mobil 1 for the gassers in the 5 quart. I guess I will use the Rotella T Syinthetic.

Old 08-03-2004, 05:08 PM
wolffee
Elder User
I may be slow or somthing , I have looked but that doesnt mean anything. Am i to understand that Mobil 1 truck / suv is the same as the Mobil Delvac 1? Is this fact or is this someone along the lines saying "ahhh its the same just use it" or is it really the same? If so why does it have different names? If its the same why is it so much cheaper? I'm not saying it isnt so dont get me wrong im just trying to clear things up for myself. I buy Mobil Delvac 1. If its the same then i should be buying the truck and suv...thanks for the info

Old 08-03-2004, 05:15 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
Somebody before posted that they checked into it and supposedly was the same. Just different marketing channels. One channel for the big fleet industrial and other for the retail market.

Old 08-03-2004, 05:19 PM
wolffee
Elder User
hmmm thats interesting. I wonder, so they market the cheaper stuff to the comsumer and the more expensive to the fleet. I would think they would do it the other way around then since the fleet would get a deal since im sure they would be buying in larger quantities. That dont make a whole lotta sence. Not that im saying your wrong of course. Sine I dont know for sure. I just want to know for sure. I will pay the extra money if its different. I would be a fool not to buy the cheaper i mean come on as long as its the same..Who wouldnt

Old 08-03-2004, 05:32 PM
wolffee
Elder User
I jsut did some research and this is at Mobil's web site and if im reading it right the two oils are not the same. Mobil 1 with SuperSyn (also known as truck./SUV) is an API CF oil and Mobil Delvac 1® is an API SH oil. Now i personally dont know what all that means but here is the link. Myabe someone can tell me.

http://www.mobil1.com/index.jsp

Old 08-03-2004, 09:22 PM
MotoraceD
Senior User
holy moly, you pay 90+ for 4 gallows on oil????? i pay only 22 for 4 gallows of mobil delo 1300 at costco

Old 08-03-2004, 09:42 PM
bighoss550
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by MotoraceD
holy moly, you pay 90+ for 4 gallows on oil????? i pay only 22 for 4 gallows of mobil delo 1300 at costco
i drive my truck for a living.... 100 bucks for oil is quickly made back with the 2-3mpg gain i get by goin to the thin syn. not to mention the longer life and better protection

Old 08-03-2004, 11:03 PM
rotormech
Junior User
I do alot of traveling around the country, and so far I haven't come across a Walmart that carries Mobil 1 Truck & SUV. Examples of Walmarts that I have fequented have been:

Bay City, TX - none avail.
Waterloo, NY - none avail.
Chesterfield, MO - none avail.

I was hoping that by starting this post, I could get some locations. I will be coming up to my 15,000 mile mark in Sept and will be in St. Louis. Ordering on line really isn't a viable option right now.

To answer wolffee's question concerning API SH and CH specs - both oils have the same approval ratings. To understand the different letter codes, here is an easy relation aid, S stands for spark ignition and C stands for compression ignition. Although that is not the technical definition of the API letter system it can be used as a guide. NOTE: Some oils may not have a C rating, this does not mean that they cannot be used in a diesel engine, it just means that it wasn't tested against that standard. To get back to Delvac 1 and Mobil 1 T&SUV, if you compare the typical properties of both oils you will see that they are the same, hence one could conclude that they are one in the same.

Old 08-03-2004, 11:04 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=760 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=760 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>FYI
Product Description
Mobil 1 Truck & SUV is engineered for hard-working gasoline and diesel engines. Mobil 1 Truck & SUV is a high performance, fully synthetic engine oil that provides unsurpassed lubrication and extreme temperature performance for today's gasoline and diesel engines operating in severe applications.

<A name=FeaturesAdvantageBenefitsTitle>Features & Benefits
Mobil 1 Truck & SUV provides outstanding performance and protection for hardworking engines where towing, hauling and severe service are standard daily requirements.
  • Exceptional high temperature protection for hot running engines under heavy load.
  • Excellent low temperature protection for quick and easy start-ups in cold weather.
  • Keeps engines clean through outstanding resistance to high temperature varnish and low temperature sludge deposit formation.
  • Excellent oil consumption control
  • Outstanding wear protection and performance reserve to maximize engine life
  • Provides owners of both gasoline and diesel engines a single solution for exceptional performance and protection
<A name=ApplicationsTitle>Applications
  • Mobil 1 Truck & SUV is a 5W-40 viscosity grade product and is recommended by ExxonMobil where 5W-30, 10W-30 and 15W-40 lubricants are specified. Consult your owner's manual for specific manufacturer recommendations which may be required for warranty protection.
  • Mobil 1 Truck and SUV is recommended for use in gasoline and diesel powered trucks and SUVs built by Ford, GM, and DaimlerChrysler.
  • Mobil 1 Truck and SUV further meets the diesel engine requirements of Cummins, Powerstoke, Duramax and Navistar – for bigger, heavier duty truck applications, such as delivery vans and utility fleets.
  • Mobil 1 Truck and SUV is fully compatible with conventional engine oils.

<A class=black-text href="http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_Truck_SUV_5W-40.asp#top">Back to Top

Specifications & Approvals
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width=205 bgColor=#cccccc border=0 xmlns=""><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width=135 bgColor=#cfe8ff>
Mobil 1 Truck & SUV meets or exceeds the following industry specifications:</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=70 bgColor=#e8f4ff>
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#f2f2f2>API gasoline engine standards</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff>SL,SJ</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#f2f2f2>API diesel engine standards</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff>CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Typical Properties
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width=205 bgColor=#cccccc border=0 xmlns=""><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width=135 bgColor=#cfe8ff>
Mobil 1 Truck & SUV</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width=70 bgColor=#e8f4ff>
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#f2f2f2>SAE Grade</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff>5W-40</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#f2f2f2>Viscosity, ASTM D 445</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#f2f2f2>cSt @ 40ºC</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff>102</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#f2f2f2>cSt @ 100ºC</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff>14.8</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#f2f2f2>Viscosity Index, ASTM D 2270</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff>151</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#f2f2f2>Sulfated Ash, wt%, ASTM D 874</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff>1.35</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#f2f2f2>Total Base #, mg KOH/g, ASTM D 2896</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff>12</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#f2f2f2>Pour Point, ºC, ASTM D 97</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff>-45</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#f2f2f2>Flash Point, ºC, ASTM D 92</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff>226</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#f2f2f2>Density @ 15ºC kg/l, ASTM D 4052</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#ffffff>0.854</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 Truck/SUV