6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Quad fueling box

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 11:03 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
JC
Appreciate the redirect to that other site for info...
but some of us don't go there for a reason....
some may be knowledgeable there,
but the tenor of most post is such that it hurts the credibility of the posters...
You'll find that there's a lot of info over here too...

I was actually just making conversation....
I know a lot about the Quad equipment, but wanted to hear Maxr's opinion...

To each his own... but I haven't posted over there in the last year....
I just like this neighborhood a bit better
and I know where Quad spend a lot of his time and given the slams HE had taken over there I'm suprised he stayed there
JC's post would not have bothered me NEARLY as much had he left that last comment off. That just rubbed me wrong

Old 07-24-2004, 12:34 AM
JCROMAN
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW,

that really opened a can of worms. ok maybe my wording was not so great. but the fact of the matter is. that there is way way more discussion over at the diesel stop on chips and programmers than i see here. if i want info on that kind of stuff i go there because there is just more plain and simple.

as far as the moderator is concerned i had no idea there isnt any watching the board right now. i guess i was a little outa line with that last statement. but from what ive seen over here the moderators are very very strict. you cant even use $$ in a word? come on thats a little much. dont you think? and if you even mention any other perfromance store to buy something you get atacked for not buying at motor haven? i undertsand he is trying to run a business but people need to be able to talk. that does seem a little insecure to me.

there is a few people over at the diesel stop that try to create trouble so what. its all matter of people clashing a little. thats part of life and they usually work things out.

i have found some good info over here to. dont get me wrong. and i was not trying to steal any members get real. i was just telling the guy where he could find a wealth of info on his subject. i have no insecurities. i dont care where you guys post. if you all hate the diesel stop great. thats up to you. even if there is a little trouble over (i would have abreviated something there but its not alowed) there there is still alot of good info you wont find anywhere else.

Old 07-24-2004, 12:44 AM
JCROMAN
Freshman User
Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4
JC's post would not have bothered me NEARLY as much had he left that last comment off. That just rubbed me wrong
well as for quad. i have been dealing with him for about 1 month. having alot of problems. he was great at first but when he couldnt figure out what the problem was. he just gave up and got very snotty with me. i can see why he has such a love/hate relationship over there. its just how he is. im not saying i hate him. but i am not very happy with him nor his customer service. he is refunding my money though. i have since bought a ts 165 and it works great on my truck so far. if you didnt read alot of those posts you would never know he is kinda 2 faced to deal with. i always wondered what the deal was with him over there now i know 1st hand.
jamie

Old 07-24-2004, 08:51 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jc,
I think I didn't make my point ....
let me try to 'splain myself
sometimes I think something and THOUGHT I said it...
My wife says this to me all the time "I can't read your mind"

I don't believe a lot of the information over there - most are promoting THEIR product, just like some here, and will say JUST about anything ....
but the worst thing about there is the LACK of moderation !

A few "smart" people create havoc for a lot of people and MOST of any good infromation is lost in the DAILY battles. And the loss of the ones they drive off are off no consequence to them...

Again, these are free sites and can be run however the "owners"/moderators want it to be ---- after all, it is their site

I LIKE the rules here... I can tell an offcolor joke with the best of them... and my language is not always perfect, but understand I won't do either in front of my granddaughter (which we may be doing here on the internet!)

but hey.... that's just my $.000000000000000000002 and worth about that
Have a good weekend !

Old 07-24-2004, 10:46 AM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JCROMAN
well as for quad. i have been dealing with him for about 1 month. having alot of problems. he was great at first but when he couldnt figure out what the problem was. he just gave up and got very snotty with me. i can see why he has such a love/hate relationship over there. its just how he is. im not saying i hate him. but i am not very happy with him nor his customer service. he is refunding my money though. i have since bought a ts 165 and it works great on my truck so far. if you didnt read alot of those posts you would never know he is kinda 2 faced to deal with. i always wondered what the deal was with him over there now i know 1st hand.
jamie
I might have gotten a little overworked about your original comment, however it was the last remark in it that changed the apparent intention of the whole thing. It was also the wrong night because I was already in a bad mood

A reference to the diesel stop for information isn't a problem, however the tone (which was drastically changed by the last comment) made it at least APPEAR to be severly bashing FTE.

As for the language, to some, the rules here may seem excessive. However, this is the thing--- I think just about anyone here can figure out the word that is "covered up" by masking it with symbols. It doesn't take a genious to figure it out. Some people are offended by foul language. I am not one of them, and as far as I know neither is the moderator, who is a stickler here for the profanity rules. Any of my family and friends would tell you that I cuss like a sailor sometimes, and hearing other people do it does not bother me. The rule is not to make mad the people who dont mind profanity, but it is to make happy the ones who do. I know of noone that will be offended by a LACK of profanity. The masking goes along with it, because if even if the word is covered up, its presence is still there. As I said before, it takes all of about 2 seconds to figure it out.

When people become offended, people generally leave. When people leave the FTE community it subtracts from the ideas and knowledge in our human "database" here, which is the purpose for the existance for this site. Therefore, it seems to me, that the rules only reenforce the purpose and knowledge of this site.

Maybe we both got off on the wrong foot here. Lets go on to something else.

Old 07-24-2004, 03:00 PM
MaXRSmart
Senior User
Wow, this sure did get weird and off topic.

To answer the question about the shifting, I think it shifts really good now that it has learned. They are not hard pounding shifts, or long defueling shifts either. Of the 3 programs that I have run, this is the best one. I am also happy about the new PCM hookup over the old FICM hookup. The only problem that I have had is I guess some of the older PCMs don't suppy enough power like the newer trucks. So when the box doesn't have enough power, it defaults to stock mode. The fix was simple and you just supply power directly from the battery to the box. I haven't had a problem since. I guess people with newer trucks don't have this problem.

Old 07-24-2004, 04:18 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Yep. starting to seem too much like that other site isn't it....

I THINK I asked this about 3 or 4 pages ago and don't recall if I got a response...
any dyno runs or Time slips with the 160 box ?

Old 07-27-2004, 10:48 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by JCROMAN
If you want alot more posts about power modules go to the dieselstop.com there is more info there than anywhere else the net the moderators are not replying all the time and are alot more leanant with what you can discuss.

jamie

p.s. ill probably get banned for this. thats how insecure they are.

Please explain.............curious I am!

Old 07-27-2004, 10:53 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Tim Lamkin
Please explain.............curious I am!
I was too but never really got an explanation.

Tim, check your PM's.

Old 07-27-2004, 10:59 PM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay, lets look at a few facts. This site has many great sponsors, Motorhaven in the original, and most supporting sponsor. The web servers alone to host a site of this caliber cost tens of thousands of dollars, that is not including the interntet connectivity, the staff required to maintain those servers, keeping hackers out, keeping the site in running order. This site is a great resource for all ford truck owners, if we didn't have sponsors this site would cost all of us money (not just Ken Payne and co.).

Old 07-27-2004, 11:01 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by pfogle
Okay, lets look at a few facts. This site has many great sponsors, Motorhaven in the original, and most supporting sponsor. The web servers alone to host a site of this caliber cost tens of thousands of dollars, that is not including the interntet connectivity, the staff required to maintain those servers, keeping hackers out, keeping the site in running order. This site is a great resource for all ford truck owners, if we didn't have sponsors this site would cost all of us money (not just Ken Payne and co.).
Im sort of lost as to where this came from

Old 07-27-2004, 11:50 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by pfogle
Well stated

Old 07-28-2004, 12:21 AM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
As for the language issue, there are approximately 200K words in use in the English language today. The average educated person has a vocabulary of about 20K words. If you can't express yourself without a handful of these words then you have a problem. I can't believe the language issue comes up as much as it does.

Old 07-28-2004, 06:22 AM
SBV45
Postmaster
I think he meant lenient. But that is just one of the reasons I don't go to TDS anymore. I like the job Tim and Ken do here.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:28 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4
Im sort of lost as to where this came from
from: If you want alot more posts about power modules go to the dieselstop.com there is more info there than anywhere else

Quick Reply: Quad fueling box