2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

grease on both windows

Old 07-16-2004, 07:07 PM
khendrix
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the same problem. I guess the windows are just crap. Period.

Old 07-16-2004, 07:30 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
has any one had the dealer pull the door panel? there are only so many places where the grease can come from. 1. electric door motor transmision,2. window guide slides/rollers , 3.window track, 4.cat wiskers 5. rust proofing/sound deader.??????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Old 07-16-2004, 08:54 PM
Zaka zimm
New User
Good god!!!!!!!!!!!!! so much help. Took most of the post to the dealer today and thay were more then Impressed with the feed back. I live in Florida so the heat must have a big part in this deal!!!!!!. My truck sits under cover most of the time (only 2200 miles in 8 months) and I have been dealing with this the whole time. Get this, thay say there is a ford rep coming in next week and there going to bring him to the house to see this. Mind you this is a small dealership, I must of got into someones little black book. I feel like this is their priority at this time. This is why im a ford man till I die. DO THE RIGHT THING !!!!

Thanks for all your help. Hope you feal the same way?

Last edited by Zaka zimm; 07-16-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:07 PM
lardman
Elder User
Exclamation

As I stated earlier: Be sure to tell the rep and the dealership about the the window regulator cable tape and the butyl patch I brought up in my earlier post.

As far as the residue "running out", where is it occurring, on the outside in the area of the between the rearview mirror and where the belt line kicks up or the inside of the window? Does it run the entire height of the window or just at the bottom? If it is on the outside only at the bottom of the window, probably lower butyl patch. If it is on the outside the entire height of the window, probably the upper buytl patch. The butyl patches are bigger than the door handle so they have an ample amount of adhesive. I would imagine the tape would eventually wear away but what happens when you remove a piece of old duct tape masking tape? That sticky stuff is there forever. If the dealer won't help, I would call the 800 number or strip the door trim and look for the problem . You can see/feel the 2 window regulator cables through the regulator opening...they cross in an x pattern. Feel all along them and see if you can locate the tape, remove it and wipe them down with a suitable cleaner. The butyl patch will either be hanging off the door outer (one at the bottom and one near the window opening ) or sitting in the bottom of the door...take it out it. You mignt want to try and clean the seal at the bottom of the window opening too...no doubt the residue would have gotten on it.

Last edited by lardman; 07-16-2004 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:56 AM
lardman
Elder User
Z,

Did the rep visit you? How'd it go? Anyone else get anywhere with this?
Eager to hear!

Old 07-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Golddtectr
New User
Rubbing alcohol, rubbing alcohol, $.70 RUBBING ALCOHOL.....CHEAP CLEANER FOR THE QUICK FIX! For all of you who missed this info on my previous post. It will solve the problem temporarily, but the mark will keep coming back for who knows how long, like lardman sez.
Mine is on the bottom 6 inches or so on the inside, right about where the lower window frame starts its downward curve on my 2004 XLT Super cab. And I have an appointment this next Thursday, with the Dan Wiebold Ford dealership in Nampa, Idaho, where I purchased the truck this past February 28, 2004, and I will update you when I know more..

~LARGO~

Last edited by Golddtectr; 07-23-2004 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:23 PM
rsadajar
Freshman User
this sucks! what a pain, i haven't had it happen yet [knock on wood], but i'll be mad if or when it does.

edited for language.....if it trips the language filter please hit the edit button and try again.

Old 07-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Golddtectr
New User
Grease on windows is minor..

to what I am going through trying to get Ford to say or authorize me to put aftermarket LT tires on my new 2004 F-150 XLT 5.4, 3.55, to replace the Hankooks that came with it.

They are EXTREMELY thin walled, low pressure tires, ...35 lbs, max, (they give a real nice soft ride) and tire dealers will offer little ($25) at the max, per tire, and others say keep 'em, as we cannot thoughtfully and safely guarantee them to resell.

***If you have Hankooks, and you think you can safely drive your new XLT 4x4 off paved roads, using these tires, then you are taking a HUGE chance with transporting you and your loved ones, PLUS anyone that you might be involved in if you have a tire failure with the Hankooks.***

And it will happen eventually, and make the Firestone tire episode look inconsequential!!!

Ford says if I put on anything other than what is specified on the door post, then if anything happens to the truck and can be attributed to the aftermarket tires, then my truck warranty will not cover the repairs.

The problem being there is: You Can't buy Light Truck tires in the 235/75R/17 size !!! Ford has stuck it to their faithful buyers again!!! (At least in this regard), The truck is wonderful, otherwise, I should add.

~LARGO~

Old 07-24-2004, 04:53 AM
Zaka zimm
New User
Well the ford rep did stop out this past week and yes he has seen this on one other truck and is aranging for me to bring it in for repair. He had to check with the dealer he delt with on the other case as he was not sure what the fix was. will fill you all in.

Old 07-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Golddtectr
New User
Grease on inside of windows....

Tell you what.....unless that grease is so unbearable that you cannot live with it there..for me, I would clean it off as needed, and hope it will stop eventually...

The why is because anytime you start taking stuff off, it never seems to go on like it did when it was assembled at the factory. ANYTIME my vehicles have been worked on, almost without fail, something was left undone, screws lost.

So for me now, at least I will continue to clean the grease off with the RUBBING ALCOHOL, and save the Ford company an hour or two shop time...

Gary

Search this Thread