I still need help on......

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 10:08 PM
aznlily
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I still need help on......

hook up an amp to a pioneer double din? I recently got a friend to put in a amp and a subwoofer in my car but when he got done with it it didn't sound much like anything. No bass and not even that loud actually. I cranked the volume all the way up and the sound was not that loud. I'm wondering if it's possible that the amp might need to hook up with the smaller connector on the pioneer? Because it has two connector in the back one is big with a lot of wires and that's the main one we used, the other is smaller with few wires but I don't know what that is used for. It seem like he hooked up everything right when I checked it but he doesn't know much about this particular model HU. Anybody know how to hook up an amp & sub to a stock pioneer 6-discs mp3 double din? It was a stock HU from a ford sport track I believed and was given to me cuz he had no use for it no more. Please help this gal out a.s.a.p. I'm getting a headache searching for info on differ sites already regarding this prob

Old 07-06-2004, 10:47 PM
acerockola77
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the amp set to low frequency (bass) output, is the gain turned up all the way?

Does it have preamp outs RCA connectors? I dont think stock headunits do, so I'm guessing that you used an LOC converter to convert to the RCA inputs of the amp, or did the amp have high level input as an option?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by hooking it up with a smaller connector.

Old 07-06-2004, 11:01 PM
aznlily
New User
Um...let me

go check on that because I saw one amp had gain control and other options on it also. He used two differ amps....one is aplhine 600watts and the other is jensen 300watts and it is hooked to a LOC converter. The alphine is supposed to push my sub and the jensen is for my stock speakers. As for what I meant about the smaller connector it's another connector in the back of the pioneer HU. It came with two plugs in the back of HU. The big one w/lots of wires and lil one w/less wires.

Old 07-07-2004, 01:50 PM
aznlily
New User
Ok

The alphine amp doesn't have any settings on it but the jensen amp does. There's three turning buttons thing on it. All three are turned to the right. The bass option is off and the lfp/hfp is set to hfp. I tried turning all 3 buttons to the left and set it to lfp but that made it have no sounds. So, I just put it back to the way it was. Arghhhhhhhh

Old 07-07-2004, 02:51 PM
kens64
Posting Guru
Is the one with the settings the bass amp? If so that was your problem. It was set to let highs through, not bass. Put it back on lpf (Im guessing low pass filter), set the gain about halfway to start, and see what happens.

Ramdomly turning ***** will never solve the problem

Old 01-26-2005, 12:18 PM
kersey
New User
Anyone else have this problem?

I to am having the same problem, ran the wiring thru my stock amp, just doesn't seem like there is enuff umph behind it no loudness or anything. Can anyone else help with this

Old 01-27-2005, 07:39 AM
kersey
New User
come on guys

No one knows anything about this come on