2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autosticker.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Sidelt
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Autosticker.com

I recently purchased the Texas emblem overlays from Autosticker.com. Well, after almost $45.00 and a week of waiting, the sticker look like I could have made them on my home PC with a dot-matrix printer. I am currently trying to return them and I have read they are going to charge me a $5.00 restocking fee. I have attached the information I am sending to them in my Return Authorization Request.

Please state reason for return:

I am not satisfied with the quality of the sticker or the graphic. In my opinion, it only vaguely resembles the pictures on the website. You are selling these as a modification for the new Ford F150 ($35K truck). The dot-matrix style shading on the word Ford looks cheap. That is the style of printing you could do in the 1980's. It looks NOTHING like the picture on the internet. I have a very good resolution video card and an excellent monitor and I can conveniently see no dots for the shading in the word Ford on the website picture. Rest assured, that is not the way the stickers look in person.

Customer Notes:

Let me start by saying I understand you are most likely not the person I am upset with, and I am sorry you have to take care of this instead of the person who has misled me. I see no reason to be held to a restocking fee for these items. The graphics are sub-par and the pictures of the product on your website are a dressed up version, or at least taken from their "best side" and not a direct representation. I feel I have been duped.
Also, I suggested this site to MANY people on the www.ford-trucks.com website. This is something I surely regret now, and have made my appologies to the people who have also waisted thier time and money buying this product. You should expect many more returns in the near future.

Old 06-25-2004, 05:08 PM
ultramax21
Senior User
Sorry to hear that, and just to let you know the amount of vinyl they used doesn't amount to $2 bucks worth. I'm proud to be a Georgia Bulldawg and thankfully we've got a very simple logo that I was able to make myself (see gallery). Its a 2 layer proccess and took me about 20 minutes to make and apply using 4 mil vinyl, soapy water, and a hair dryer to "heat and stretch" the vinyl into place. Hope you're able to get your money back from these people and I hate it that they are false advertising.

Old 06-25-2004, 06:38 PM
shaper
Senior User
Also sorry to here that Sideit. I have the Texas flag overlay made custom for me by Softdecal(ebay)Quality is very good,at least in my opinion. It does not have the word ford over it just image of Texas flag.I have been stoped on the street a few times by other 04 owners asking were they can get it. Hope you get your refund and you might try Softdecal.

Old 06-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Vinheyhey
Freshman User
Hey ! Hey! Sidelt ,

I brought the same overlay very phoney looking , instead of going thru all the hassel of returning I stuck it on my hardhat at work ! Maybe down the line they will come out with better one's . But keep going with your return and post the outcome ,don't let them get to ya !

Vinnie M.

Old 06-26-2004, 04:08 PM
scottb1014
Senior User
Im glad I read this - I was just getting ready to send them my $$$$.

Black Beauty - yours looks ok though????

Old 06-26-2004, 04:16 PM
vcrisis311
Senior User
go for the domed emblems from softdecal i have the black overlays check my gallery

Old 06-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Sidelt
Junior User
I am still working on the return, but I went ahead and bought the black 3d domed emblems from softdecal. I should have them wednesday or thursday. I saw a truck here in Fort Worth with them and they look GREAT!! i can't wait...

Old 06-28-2004, 09:58 PM
GLankford
Junior User
I'm ordering the same black and chrome ones that vcrisis311 got from his guy in Grand Prairie (softdecal)... can't wait to get them on my black and chrome truck! His going rate is $39.95 for a front, rear and steering wheel 3d...

Old 06-29-2004, 12:50 AM
GordoPanocho
Elder User
You can ask for stock wheel emblem decals at the same time (from softdecal) ... don't know how much extra he'd charge you. If you're going to get them, you'll get a better package deal by buying all at once.

Just call me softdecal's pimp (aka Ivan)!

Old 06-29-2004, 09:36 AM
Sidelt
Junior User
Here is the response to my return request for the shotty work done by Auto Trim Design. This is only part of the entire letter as he graciously added a legal statement at the bottom to keep me from posting it to the site.

You cannot Return an item based on your decision that you do not like the product once received.

This is paraphrased for legal reasons, but I can assure you it is no exageration.

How about that for poor customer service.