Diesel rated oils THANKS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 11:50 AM
sefrlw
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Diesel rated oils THANKS!!!!

I can't remember what forum I saw this in but I thought I would put this here as this is the forum pertaining to my engine.

What I saw was that a good way to desludge an engine is to use a quart of diesel engine rated oil with your regular oil for 2-3 oil change cycles. The message stated that it would take the sludge out gradually. Well not only has it done that well it has also taken all but the rarest detonation and ping out of the motor also. I do not understand why but since using this oil I have noticed that my engine (93 3.0L vulcan) nolonger pings under high gear low RPM loads. Every day it gets better and better. The only thing I have changed is the oil. Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Also thaks a million to whoever it was that had the post about the diesel rated oil!!!!

Old 06-24-2004, 07:36 AM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Diesel rated oils do have higher detergents, and they usually contain seal conditioners that are similar to what the "High Mileage" brands use. Desiel oil also runs a little thicker than gasoline-rated oils. If you can find a good 10W-30 diesel oil you can even fill the crankcase up with it, no need to "dilute" it.

Good thread on the subject recently in the Oil & Lube Forum:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=245049

Old 06-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Another informative thread on the subject of deisel oil:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=254200