2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting mad at Ford aka I want my yellow truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 11:45 PM
fsjosh
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting mad at Ford aka I want my yellow truck

I am starting to get upset with Ford and I haven't even bought a truck yet. I've been looking for a Yellow fx4 for a few weeks now and have been having little or no luck finding the truck I want. Evidently what I want is rare. yellow, fx4, scab, 6 1/2 ft styleside bed, cloth captains, Audiophile, Moonroof, Power rear window, 35 gal tank, tow pack, mirror pack, black running boards, and 18 inch wheels. In otherwords a loaded truck without leather seats or the Flareside. I can find plenty with the seats or with flareside, but none in my configuration. It doesn't help that I have to use ford's idiotic website to search with.(Is it really necessary to make us search EVERY dealer to find what we want?) Well, today, I finally decided to give up the search and just order the truck. Well the first thing I find is that they are now on 2005 and not taking nay more 2004 orders. That alone worried me since who knows what little things they might change. But then the real kicker is they have discontinued yellow as a color choice. I am not pleased at all. So here I am stuck searching through every freaking dealer's inventory on the off chance I can find the truck I want without having to give up options I really want or get stuck with stuff I don't want. Going to the dealership is pointless as they all keep finding this truck in Indy that has a 5 1/2 foot bed. When I tell them its not what I want they pretty much say oh well thats the only one in the region thats close. So with a limited number of yellow fx4's in existance here I am trying to find the needle in the haystack all because ford decided not to make any more yellow trucks. So my choice becomes do I settle for something less than what I want or just say screw it and keep my beat up s 10 till it dies and hope Chevy fixes that god awful nose on the Silverado

OK I'm done venting now. Time to start searching dealerships in West Virginia!

Old 06-17-2004, 12:59 AM
VulnoX
Freshman User
I feel for ya, I have been hunting down either an XLT or STX F-150, Red, FlareSide, and thats about all I am really wanting in the truck, 4x4 I want, but not required. I have done the hunt on Ford's website, which I agree sucks if you want to just know where one of the damn things are.

I am going to try the dealer approach when I get back to Michigan, maybe I will have some luck.

Good luck with your search, I like the yellows, and have not seen many Yellow FlareSides or StyleSides, but I remember there being one like you want near me. Do a search under the 48152 area code for Bill Brown, it seems like they had one. Tell your dealer you want it if they do. Screw them and their region, if they want the sale they will get the truck.

Old 06-17-2004, 07:09 AM
PhrEEkSh0w
Senior User
fsjosh,

There is one here in Columbus, OH that sounds very close. Yellow, FX4, Styleside, 6.5 bed, 18" wheels, loaded, etc. I think it has everything you want except it does have leather capt chairs and two tone paint (yellow/black).

Graham Ford Inc.
707 W Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43222

2004 F-150 FX4
SuperCab 4X4 Styleside - 6-1/2'

Total MSRP: $37,740.00

VIN: 1FTPX14584KB02078
Model: FX4
Cab: SuperCab
Drive: 4X4
Body: Styleside
Box: 6-1/2'

Engine: 5.4L 3V EFI V8
Transmission: Electronic 4-Speed Automatic Transmission with Overdrive (Higher Torque Capacity)

Exterior Color & Interior Trim
Blazing Yellow
Black

Special Packages

- Deluxe Mirror Package
- Trailer Tow Package

Engine

- 5.4L 3V EFI V8

Transmission

- Electronic 4-Speed Automatic Transmission with Overdrive (Higher Torque Capacity)

Rear Axle Ratios

- 3.73 Axle Ratio, Limited Slip Rear

Payload Packages

- Payload Package #1c

Paint Application

- Lower Two-Tone Paint

Wheels

- 18" Machined Cast Aluminum Wheels

Tires

- P275/65Rx18 OWL All-Terrain (4)

Seats

- Sport Medium Flint Leather Trimmed Captain's Chairs

Power Seating

- Power Driver Seat

Radio

- Audiophile System

Options/Upgrades

- Fog Lamps
- Driver's Keyless Entry Keypad
- Electronic Shift-on-the-Fly
- Skid Plates (4X4 Only)
- Color-Coordinated Carpet with Carpeted Floor Mats
- Speed Control
- Power Moonroof
- Power Adjustable Pedals
- Fixed Rear Window Privacy Glass
- Power Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Tint
- Reverse Sensing System
- Black Tubular Running Boards

Old 06-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Cincy F150
Senior User
Try contacting Jeff Clark (1956markii) at Van Bortel Ford. If you read the sponsor list at the top of the page, there is a link. He is very active on the forums and I'm sure that he can hook you up and find the truck that you are looking for.

Old 06-17-2004, 11:31 AM
TRITON-ic
Senior User
Order what you want, if you still can. I found a dealership that was more than willing to do so even though they had 20+ 150's already on the lot.

Old 06-17-2004, 12:12 PM
VulnoX
Freshman User
He said and I have read in other posts, that Ford stopped taking orders June 15th. He has to find one by him now since the 05's dont have yellow.

Old 06-17-2004, 05:52 PM
fsjosh
New User
phreek - thats the closest one I have found so far. If it wasn't for the leather seats, I'd have drove to columbus to get it if I had to, lol That one is my current fallback if something doesn't materialize in the next week.

Triton - the one dealer I've been talking to is more than willing to order or get any truck I want even though he has a ton of them sitting there, including a yellow one that matches everything, but has the flareside, lol. I just can't get him to find the one I want, and as mentioned, you can no longer order the yellow trucks.

Vulnox - Brown has a couple STX's and a flareside FX4. I found one in the entire state of Michigan that is close, but even it still is missing a few things. I'm atthe point where if I find the truck I want, and my dealer won't get it, I'll go to another or just drive to wherever the truck is and buy it there, lol

Cincy - I'll try that.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Any help/support is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Toreador
Elder User
We got one of those sitting here in Tucson. I saw it when I was searching for my current Lariat. Has all the features you want except the Audiophile. But you can upgrade the stereo later. Also I don't think you have a choice on color. If you pick Yellow, you get the two tone paint. VIN # is 1FTPX14514KC60827 at Jim Click Ford. Maybe they can ship it up to you. Good luck in your search for your truck. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 06-19-2004, 04:49 PM
GAP04FX4
New User
Good luck with your search. I'm very happy (not for you though) that the yellow is being discontinued. The only Blazing Yellow FX4 I want to see is mine! Hold out for the audiophile - can't beat it. I think the STX is solid Yellow where the FX4 is two-tone only. You wouldn't like mine. It has Med. Flint Leather, but we think alike on everything else. Bought Dec. 19 as an early xmas present and have had tons of complements and one "I don't like it"

Old 06-20-2004, 06:14 PM
jmb3675
New User
lots of yellow ones in mn use zip code 55077 on ford build and price inventory search. there are 3 fx4s a 3 different dealers. i remembered because i went through the same thing looking for a silver XL sc with a 5.4 4x4 and tow package. and i found it after 3hrs of searching online. dont give up.

Last edited by jmb3675; 06-20-2004 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:35 AM
guy g
Freshman User
Theres one at Rich ford in Edgewood NM, We bought the white one.

Old 06-21-2004, 08:38 AM
guy g
Freshman User
505-286-3000

Old 06-21-2004, 08:43 AM
FoRdGuY18
Freshman User
The problem is, you live in Michigan, which is known for spitting out vehicles like nobody's business, lol. However, you should be in Texas, which is basically THE truck state. 2/5 vehicles on the road in Texas is a truck, and 2/3 trucks is a Ford F-Series. In another post, I said that I had taken a TON of new F-150's for a test drive to 1) Find which one suits me the best, and 2) Just to drive around. There are several FX4's just at the dealership down the road from my house, and nearly all of them are Red, Black, or Yellow. A few white ones here and there, nearly no blue ones. about 10 or 15 FX4's total on the lot (they're a HUGE dealership.) I think there was 2 or 3 that were flareside, meaning the rest were styleside...and except for a handful left, they were all decked out. I would talk to your guy and tell him search in Texas, if there's anywhere that has a truck that you want, it will be Texas . And remember, everything is BIGGER in Texas. Latah.

~FG18

Old 06-21-2004, 09:01 AM
F150Texan
Posting Guru
I'm in the Houston area, and have seen a few of the Yeller ones around here. I have a very good relationship with the owner of my dealership in Huntsville as well, so let me know if things really get tight and I can help.

Old 06-21-2004, 09:47 AM
Sidelt
Junior User
Same goes for me. I live in the Ft. Worth, Texas area, and I have at least 12 ford dealerships within 40 miles. My dealership currently has 100 new f150 on the lot and more on the "hiddin" lot. They have a quarter mile long (or more) lot and they have trucks stacked the length of it and 8 rows deep. If things get tight, let me know. I saw 5 yellow ones down in Cleburne over the weekend, but that was driving by on the Freeway. I can do a more thorough check if you need me to.

Quick Reply: Getting mad at Ford aka I want my yellow truck