6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

exhaust kits and intakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Robber80
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust kits and intakes

Alright, i have a 2004 f350 with the 6.0. I'm already learning towards the superchip tuner, and now i want to know some info on exhausts and intakes. I see Motorhaven has HOG exhausts, is that a godo brand? How much power would i gain from one of the after market setups? same with intakes good brands, power improvements?? and the last question, how hard is it to hook up the EGT guages and Boost guage??

Old 06-03-2004, 10:20 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Robber80
Alright, i have a 2004 f350 with the 6.0. I'm already learning towards the superchip tuner, and now i want to know some info on exhausts and intakes. I see Motorhaven has HOG exhausts, is that a godo brand? How much power would i gain from one of the after market setups? same with intakes good brands, power improvements?? and the last question, how hard is it to hook up the EGT guages and Boost guage??

All of the 4" exhausts are fine. It just depends on how long you expect to keep the truck. I put a stainless Banks exhaust on mine mostly because I got a buddy discount from a friend of mine that is a dealer. I have heard great things about the HOG exhaust so it is really your preference. The power gained varies depending on other mods you do. There are several posts in here with dyno tests you can look at. The last question you have the EGT gauge and Boost gauge is fairly easy. It is another thread you should search for an explanation.

Old 06-04-2004, 08:04 AM
brad diesel
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i also have an 04 F-350, i just put on the HOG 4" turbo back and i think it is a quality product with a nice sound i wanted the performance muffler they offer.
first i got the EDGE JUICE with ATTITUDE, this is the unit you can change it as you drive and monitor the EGT plus the BOOST right in front of you, WAY COOL results.
AFE magnum force air intake/filter is probly the best availible unit on the market at this time for performance high flow needs or the stock filter is very good,someone said anyways a real pain to open or replace change whatever!