Just got back from the FE Nationals Race!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just got back from the FE Nationals Race!

I was the only FTE guy there! I did put a lot of faces to some names though! Carrol Shelby wasn't there but Dave Shoe, Roger Arens, Mark Artis, Dan Bell, Mayhem Bob, Doug Smith, Ken Kidd, Keith Craft and a few others were there.

Does anybody remember Econodrag? He was there also. He is running a 68 cougar now with a 302. He gave up on the ugly truck. He is in the 11s. Funny thing is the car is actually very nice looking!

Here are some videos:

http://webpages.charter.net/mjorie1

I will switch them out as webspace only lets me post a few at a time. I have a ot more video. I did not get the whole race though as I was busy talking and helping econodrag scrounge another rocker arm as he broke one.

BTW, I actually touched a bare shelby block and an iron Genesis block. I also saw about 8 cammers. I didn't count but there was a bunch.

Old 05-31-2004, 09:05 PM
polcat
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ratsmoke, Well your mistaken I was their Saturday like I said I was going tobe. I like your video. My truck looks alot like Mayhems truck except it is primer gray. I talked alot to him about his setup and rollcage, cause I will be needing one later. If mine would have been running I would of had it up their!!! But I know fursure if thay have another one close to texas I will definetly make it. Do you have anyv video of the thunderbolt that ran, I sure would like to have a copy???

Old 05-31-2004, 09:33 PM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
I do have a video of the thunderbolt. I will post it tomorrow after work. Did you see me there? I spent a lot of time with Mayhem Bob and FE Bob. I was the younger guy with the Ford Racing hat and short go-tee.

Old 05-31-2004, 09:37 PM
polcat
Elder User
might have?? I was talking to them alot to while he was in the tech line waiting to get his tech card. I was tall young guy with a black Ford Racing Cap tha had blue thunderbolts on it and whit shirt and shorts. I have alot of pictures but no video. But the maroon ford pickup with the cammer in it sure was nice!!!!!!

Old 05-31-2004, 10:21 PM
fordman428
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey Sean did you here talk of them haveing another one next year.

Old 06-01-2004, 08:00 AM
gtex
Lead Driver
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Ratsmoker
I was the only FTE guy there!

As if I didn't feel bad enough. Looks like you had some FTE company, you just didn't know it.

I'd really like to try for another meet, greet and race for the FTE FE guys (other motors as well). There's a very casual drag strip just north east of Waco, Tx. It could accomodate the Texans, Okies, Cajuns and the Clintonites :-)

I' get my sabatical later this year. That's 2 months off paid. I could use some of that time to plan such an event.

I hope to hear my truck rumble again in the next few days :-)

Old 06-01-2004, 09:41 AM
fordman428
Posting Guru
hey greg when i went on vacation to mexico 2 years ago we drove down, and i think we went right by the drag strip north east of waco, that areas big enough, i dont think it would be bad at all. but it would be heck of a drive for me.

Old 06-01-2004, 09:29 PM
polcat
Elder User
Alright still waiting on the video of the the Thunderbolt running!!!. Yeah your right about the cammer engines, their was alot of them their, to bad none of them would take a run down the track!!

Old 06-02-2004, 11:07 AM
rusty70f100
Post Fiend
A cammer in a F-100? Where's mine?

Old 06-02-2004, 02:56 PM
1320stang
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey, I was a FTE member before I decided to put this FE race on!!!

For the record, there were 5 real T-bolts, 3 clones and 9 Cammer powered vehicles.
(we counted on of the cammers as a clone as it was a Fairlane).

There was a '65-'66 Mustang Shelby fastback clone that had a blown Cammer, the Fairlane with the Cammer, a Grabber Mavrick with a Cammer that the guy drove around town, and Dyno Don's Cammer Mavrick. This all from one guy from Florida. The guy with the Ford Truck with the Cammer has 2 more Cammer powered vehicles at home, one of which is a Mavrick drag car he's rebuilding (original paint like the Dyno Don car). His whole reason for coming was to see the Dyno Don car, which he even got to drive!!! I believe he was from Illinois. There was the '41 Ford Business Coupe that was driven from California....yes, I typed driven. 13 mpg. He got the long distance drive award and the big balz award of a genuine cured bull bag which he now proudly displays hanging from his rear view mirror. He says that's where he's going to keep his cash now as his wife won't dare reach inside there to get it out. Another California car was the white Cammer powered Comet that caught on fire in the last 500 feet of its 1400 mile trip. The braided line shorted the battery out and caught fire just as they opened the door to unload. It got put out, but not before some damage to the paint and some wiring I believe. The light blue 347 powered Comet right behind it survived fine as did the trailer. Another Cammer was a '65 Mustang that was featured in the Nov. issue of Popular Hot Rodding. This car has the factory front suspension but with some aftermarket coilovers so the towers could be cut back. The last one was a Pro Street Sedan Delivery Falcon blown Cammer from Oklahoma.

If we do it again, some things will have to change.

Larry

Old 06-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
I felt so bad for that guy with the Comet. It almost turned into a real comet. He got very lucky! You name the time and place and I will be there Larry! I think the attendance should be even better next time.

Old 06-02-2004, 05:34 PM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Sean..I know your reouping from your trip? I was wondering if you were going to post
more flix at a later date? Russ

Old 06-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
I have 4 new one that I just posted.

Old 06-02-2004, 06:00 PM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

ALL Right...Thanks for sharing sean... Im out and Looking!!! Russ

Old 06-02-2004, 08:08 PM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Great job Sean...I really enjoyed them.....

Oh I was going to Ask.....How was my thunder Valley Burger? LOL!! Russ

Quick Reply: Just got back from the FE Nationals Race!