Sponsored by: DP Tuner

afe intake vs tymar

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 10:38 PM
FLASH 13
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
afe intake vs tymar

how does the afe intake compare to the tymar with filtration airflow and hp/torque numbers? i like the fresh air factor but tymar is the most popular intake on the board. is tymar outperforming afe?

Old 05-26-2004, 04:41 AM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
Instead of entering an opinion and starting another air intake war I will suggest you use the search feature. There was a VERY lengthy discussion of this last year in this forum. Use the search feature and you'll have at least an hour of reading.

Old 05-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
johnsdiesel-
Thanks for heading this off at the pass before we got everyone stirred up again.

Quad.

Old 05-27-2004, 12:08 AM
FLASH 13
Junior User
Wait a minute ive seen alot of of shootouts about tymar and ais and tymar and k&n but i feel like afe is rarely mentioned. and if they are mentioned they are written off because of price. is this the only darn problem with them? does grill air matter or not.
furthermore you both coulda answered my question in the amount of words used in your post. what difference does it make anyway im asking for EVERONES opinion. i would take opposing viewpoints for what they are worth, and not as a judgement of my charactor, or get my feelings hurt. why would i want last years data anyway what is the most up to date info? sheesh!!!!

Old 05-27-2004, 12:13 AM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
FLASH 13, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, but the last time this debate came up A LOT of people, including myself (and IMO the moderator of the 7.3 forum at that time), got out of line and the whole thread got carried away. HERE is the link to that thread. Please read the whole thing and if you still want to discuss it please do so.

FYI, just trying to avoid another war.

Last edited by johnsdiesel; 05-27-2004 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:19 AM
FLASH 13
Junior User
Jon theres no doubt you are a strong poster and totally on top of things. thanks for the link

Old 05-27-2004, 04:46 AM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
Everyone here makes the most informed decision they can about what to do/not do to their truck. Once that decision is made, they defend that decision. I did the research and chose to put on a TYMAR. Others have done differently. The thing I was trying to avoid was a flame war by those that feel differently. I've been through enough of those to avoid them whenever possible.
We weren't trying to blow you off.
Sorry if it came off that way.