Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

our first meeting

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 01:14 AM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation our first meeting

ok, we need to get a meet together, The rules say by june first, but I was thinking more along the lines of the fifth. I work two jobs and cannot get to phoenix untill the fifth of June. I need some imput from some of you phoenicians on where is a good place to meet. I want to meet up in north Phoenix because I dont know anything about phoenix lower than Cactus (or there abouts) I thik this will be just a meet and greet with a rig show off. please tell me some locations that might be suitable. If there is a good place lower than cactus, give me some directions. I'd like too see you all there.

Old 05-26-2004, 12:15 AM
ShawnZ
Senior User
wow 12 views and no answers... well I have no idea where there would be to meet, not being a card carrying member and whatnot Im not sure what you'd be looking for. would I be invited if my rig is not 'show worthy'?

Old 05-26-2004, 03:36 PM
krelvinaz
Junior User
the last car club I belonged to was when I owned my father-in-laws 1960 Imperial Crown. Talk about a big car... There were something like 40+ of them in the San Diego area when I had the car and lived there.

Even then, I didn't see too much point in the meetings as I'm not really a car buff.

I'm not into offroad either so other than knowing about other local users experiences in the local area, Repairs, installation shops etc... I don't think I would participate much.

I am a paid member of FTE though.

Old 05-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Tonyb7
Freshman User
I'm not sure my truck could make it to Phoenix, and I just wouldn't feel right showing up in the Wife's mini-van.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:54 PM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
well, there is no honest to god show period, I was thinking of something like "thats your truck, wow, thats nice; heres mine." kind of thing. I dont think my truch is really show worthy, it doesnt matter if you cant make it, but I hope some of you (some Az People) can make it. I would like to do this thing, even if its just because the Webmaster says to do so. If your rig wont make it to the capital, drive the minivan, who cares(unless its an import......just kidding). this is only to meet your fellow Az buddies that have all helped out eachother so much. And if all you know, or care to contribute, is your knowlege of car care, do whatever you want, we all appreciate your input weather you show up to events or not. if you all have anymore concerns, please bring them to my attention. I will do my best to come up with a solution. Thank you all Az people. ~Andrew~

Old 05-26-2004, 11:55 PM
jambroson
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think a meeting is a good idea. I own three fords so I am sure one of them will be working. I think we all could use a little input from other Ford owners. I probably have some parts and knowledge that other people would find useful.

Josh

Old 05-27-2004, 02:39 AM
TheImpaler
Senior User
I don't know that my truck will be alive by then, but I am hoping it will be. That wouldn't be bad to do some of the break in along the frontage roads between Tucson and Phx. In any case, I would recommend a Saturday afternoon/evening meet. Maybe grab some grub at a Sonic or Applebee's and then go to the Pavillions. Every weekend, there is a big car show in the parking lo tof the Pavillions shopping center. From about 3-7:30 there are a lot of older Corvettes and random cool stuffs. At about 7-8, the crazy low-riders and bagged rides show up. Then, at about 8-9, the rice rockets roll in. It was really enjoyable when I was up there, and I could get the guys to go, too - if for no other reason that to have more Fords than ricers. ; )

If not that, a laid back meet at a Sonic might be cool. Cheap food, good beverage, and ample parking...Did I mention good food? : )

Let me know if any of you are in Tucson, I'll drag my truck, my dad's truck, or both to where ever and we'll grab a bite. (I am really food-centric).

And finally, to anyone concerned about having a show truck, don't worry about it! My truck is a freakin' beast - big, ugly, and multi-colored. As long as it's a Ford and you enjoy it, that is all that matters.

*EDIT* Any Tucson guys wanna hit up Speedway some time? There are very few muscle cars down there, fewer trucks, and no Fords. I should be ready to roll down there really soon, and my dad already offered up his truck if I wanna cruise down there...so let me know.

-Patrick

Old 05-28-2004, 11:34 AM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
well, patrick hit the nail on the head. That is exactly what I had in mind for a meating. I wont care if my truck is a piece compared to the riced out imports, its still cooler, and it would be funny to pul up next to the car show, park the rig, pop the hood, and start wiping stuff off like the ole timers do to their classics. that would be funny. but if anybody has any other ideas, feel free to chime in.

Old 05-28-2004, 02:03 PM
stepman
Posting Guru
"show worthy"? My truck isn't even road worthy yet. It's still in the garage in pieces. Haven't had time to work on it lately. I like the idea but, I'd have to drive the Mustang. This weekend I have to replace the injector seals on the van, work on my "other " truck so that it will run and tune up the mustang. I keep getting too many "side jobs" when I have to work on my own stuff. So, just where the he** are the pavillions anyways? Can we bring kids? Or.....the wife?

Not that it matters but, there is a show up in williams around the 25th too. I'm planning on heading up to check that out too. BTW, you guys sound like you are all 70-80ish people. My truck (in the garage) is a 53.

Old 05-28-2004, 07:32 PM
TheImpaler
Senior User
Originally Posted by stepman
"show worthy"? My truck isn't even road worthy yet. It's still in the garage in pieces. Haven't had time to work on it lately. I like the idea but, I'd have to drive the Mustang. This weekend I have to replace the injector seals on the van, work on my "other " truck so that it will run and tune up the mustang. I keep getting too many "side jobs" when I have to work on my own stuff. So, just where the he** are the pavillions anyways? Can we bring kids? Or.....the wife?

Not that it matters but, there is a show up in williams around the 25th too. I'm planning on heading up to check that out too. BTW, you guys sound like you are all 70-80ish people. My truck (in the garage) is a 53.
You make it sound like bringing the Mustang is a bad thing! Bring whatever you can - it's more about the people. As far as what year the truck is...I would personally say that it doesn't matter. I'd like to build up a bubbly 50's Ford some time in my life.

-Patrick

Old 05-28-2004, 09:24 PM
anthony.m
New User
I don't know I think that were focuing on the wrong thing. I just sorta figured that just the fact that we're in FTE and always talkin on how to do stuff on our trucks gives us some common ground. My truck aint a show boater either but Im sure proud of havin a FORD. Plus it'll give us a chance to put names to faces and at least if we happen to run into some serious problem then we can draw off of each others knowledge and experience. Too me this aint about truck shows or whos got the most tricked out truck, its about us drawing off of our individual experience and knowledge and helpin one another out... my 2 cents
I would go up to Phoniex but Im going to Fargo for some training with my Gaurd Unit. but if there is anyone from Tucson nearby I'd be happy to meet them some time...
--ant

Old 05-29-2004, 12:08 PM
stepman
Posting Guru
Well, bringing the Mustang isn't a bad thing. I'd rather drive the truck but, right now the stang is my daily ride. It's either that or one of the Mopars that run like crap. It's them Mopars that are keeping me from my truck.

I was thinking along the same lines as you, Anthony, I was trying to point out that we don't necessarily need a show quality truck to participate. It would be nice but, I don't think very many of us have one. Even the one I'm putting together in the garage isn't going to be of that caliber. I build them to drive and use, not to look at on a trailer.

Old 05-29-2004, 12:24 PM
anthony.m
New User
Agreed... I mean hey were talking about meeting at a Sonic if thats any indication to our lavish lifestyles....

Say I heard we have to join chapters? What does that mean? I guess I sorta figured that since we were in AZ then were automaticly part of the chapter....

Also what is club FTE member all about and how do you get to be one?

--ant

Last edited by anthony.m; 05-29-2004 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:54 AM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
right below the Az chapter forum, there is a small link titled "join chapter". click on that, and it SHOULD prompt you on what to do. as for what you all drive, I dont care, I think a "tricked out truck" is blaspheme(to an extent) anyway. just show up and chill for a while.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:38 PM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
okay ladies and jentlemen, I forgot that my highschool buddies (I graduated last year) are graduating this yearand this weekend, so we will have to push back the already late meeting to another weekend. when are you all free? on a weekend, maybe Saturday. throw out a date for me to get the ball rolling, again.