General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

A Bad Prom

Old 05-17-2004, 07:35 PM
pipercub
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down A Bad Prom

My oldest nephew had a tough prom, his first prom. I guess he was dancing with one of her gf's and was having a bit of fun. While they were dancing, the gf was off dancing with her female friends. I guess that's alright in her opinion, but she is all upset about him dancing with her friend. The friend had nobody to dance with and he felt sorry for her. She dumped my nephew during prom and didn't even want to ride back with him. She did ride back with him and it wasn't a happy ride home. He spent the night at her friend's house and they all had a sleepover in the basement without mom knowing. Anyway, I guess my nephew slept with the friend with his clothes on because gf didn't want anything to do with him. The friend offered to share the queen size air mattress with my nephew because she didn't want him to sleep on the basement floor. Nothing happened between them and now the gf is making it sound like he was "in bed with another woman", that's in her words. So now she is done with him after they made up the next day and then she changed her mind again. He's crying his eyes out and I heard the gf was in tears over the whole thing too. Oh, the prom memories. My nephew is taking this so hard. I feel so sorry for him. I remember my proms, anyone else have a rough time at prom? Poor kid.

Old 05-17-2004, 08:12 PM
ChiefsFan
Posting Guru
In the words of Ross on Friends "We were in a break".

We have all been through that. jUst let him know it will al lbe allright.

That does suck for a first prom though.

Old 05-17-2004, 08:15 PM
acerockola77
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woah, sounds like a drama queen. I'd advise your nephew to stay far far away from her!

Old 05-17-2004, 08:18 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,695 Likes on 1,314 Posts
Thats part of the reason why I dont date in HS....

Old 05-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Ya, I think that the dancing w/ the friend was cool, and she should shut her mouth. Although, I think that he might have been setting himself up for it by sleeping w/ the friend. I think he kinda put himself in that position. But hey, isn't that what being a kid is about? I mean, we all did stupid stuff when we were young, it's just part of growing up.

Hope he's doing better.

Stan

P.S. On a personal note, I think that he needs to drop that drama queen.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Gunther
Freshman User
Poor kid, he will get over it. He just has to remember that there are lots of buses in the sea, no that's not right, another fish will be by in ten minutes. Ah forget it....he will be ok with time.

Old 05-17-2004, 11:16 PM
drewcoolness99
Elder User
if shes doing it now shes gonna do it again. Too bad she didn't see it his way. He sounds like a nice guy and if she can't see that, then he needs someone that can.

Old 05-18-2004, 05:06 AM
EIL
New User
That's why I never had a girlfriend before (OK, I never had the option ). With breaking up comes way to much she said that he said stuff. And when two people break-up, it gets quite ugly from gossip. Just make sure he doesn't say anything about her because word spreads amazingly fast in high school and then rumors start.

This sounds like a perfect time to start a snap-on collection!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-18-2004, 08:44 AM
74f100
Freshman User
That is the perfect example of why I built a motor instead of going to prom. My cars have never given me trouble, well nothing that couldn't be fixed with a hammer and duct tape.

Hmmm, hammer? duct tape? naww, wife might see this

Old 05-18-2004, 11:44 AM
02PSD4ME
Posting Guru
Tell him to have nothing else to do with her, She's a psycho

Old 05-18-2004, 12:18 PM
dzervit
Senior User
Originally Posted by 02PSD4ME
Tell him to have nothing else to do with her, She's a psycho
I'm with you. After that, tell him that this will be the first of many nut jobs before he locates 'the one'.

Old 05-18-2004, 03:20 PM
pipercub
Senior User
Now Guys!

Some of you said some really funny stuff, Lol. I called him today, after getting done with work and I guess he's still pretty bummed out over it. These females are rough on guys. Right now he is making a music cd mix with songs that go along with "I'm sorry" such as "Please Forgive Me" and "The Reason". I told him that was really nice, but be prepared for disappointment. Man, poor kid. He was hoping that she'd be the one. That's how much she means to him. Not to stick up for her, but I told him that was pretty stupid to sleep in the same bed with her friend even though nothing happened and it was innocent. He even spent the night there without my brother(his father) knowing. I was a good uncle and said it'd be our secret, but man poor kid really set himself up on that one. Oh, the things we do as kids.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I've met her and she isn't a psycho. She gets a little jealous and I think she has a trust issue. That isn't good in a relationship and that's probably some of the problem. Oh well.

Old 05-18-2004, 03:32 PM
dzervit
Senior User
Originally Posted by pipercub
Oh yeah, almost forgot. I've met her and she isn't a psycho. She gets a little jealous and I think she has a trust issue. That isn't good in a relationship and that's probably some of the problem. Oh well.
I can't speak for the others, but 'trust issues' = pyscho in my book!

Trust: can take a lifetime to build and can be torn down in an instant!

Old 05-18-2004, 03:51 PM
90ebbronc
Elder User
dump her and tell him to go out with the friend, i mean heck they have already slept together, lol.

Old 05-18-2004, 04:11 PM
99 ranger bob
Elder User
aint it good not to have to deal with the BS of bein 17/18 again????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A Bad Prom