1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange vibration,I think hub related.Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 09:12 PM
mitchmc
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Strange vibration,I think hub related.Need help!

I have a 1999 F250 super Duty 4x4 that has a strange vibration coming from the left front corner.I took the truck to the local Ford dealer and told him I thought I had a bad hub.They inspected it and said the only things wrong were a bad right front brake caliper and two broken sway bar links.
They replaced the caliper and fixed the sway bar links,but within twenty miles the vibration returned.
The symptems are kind of unusual,I can be driving along and everything is fine then I might hit a small bump in the road and the vibration starts making a can of marbles sound.Once I get slowed down to about ten MPH the noise stops and the vibration stops.
Have any of you guy's come across this? If so how about helping a newbie out.

thank's in advance,mitch

Old 05-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi Mitch and welcome to the forum
Is it a grinding sound you get when it happens?
It sounds to me like your spindle bearings are shot, one or both sides.
Where the noise is coming from can fool you sometimes. I've seen ones that I swore the noise was from the L/F when it was really from the R/F.
If it is bad spindle bearings you will want to replace them as soon as possible so it doesn't destroy the axle. Hopefully it hasn't already.

Old 05-16-2004, 03:36 PM
mitchmc
New User
Thank's for the advice Racerguy.The truck will be going to a different Dealership this time.I know it is a front axle problem of some sort,but the last shop didn't think I had a clue about what I was talking about.So now I'm out a $1,000 and I still have the same problem.Hopefully the next service center will be a little more helpful.

mitch

Old 11-28-2004, 11:40 AM
paramedic624
Junior User
Originally Posted by mitchmc
Thank's for the advice Racerguy.The truck will be going to a different Dealership this time.I know it is a front axle problem of some sort,but the last shop didn't think I had a clue about what I was talking about.So now I'm out a $1,000 and I still have the same problem.Hopefully the next service center will be a little more helpful.

mitch
I HAVE THIS EXACT PROBLEM----JUST CURIOUS MITCH---WHAT DID U FIND OUT?????