Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Praise the diesel! Please read.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 03:16 PM
Majisto
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I posted this in the Superduty forum too, but I think it seems appropriate in here too. Yesterday I went with my friend out to a guy's ranch in Buda to go paintballing when we got a call from one of the guys that he drove his Ford Ranger into a ditch and needed help getting it out. About 20 different trucks (None Ford) passed us by and didn't even try to stop and help us. When all of a sudden, this new shiny F-350 Powerstroke pulls up and offers to help us out. 10 minutes later, we got the tow hitch around the front axle of the ranger and the diesel just yanked the Ranger right out of the mud like it wasn't even trying (It wasn't). So thank you Ford! And screw you every other truck company. This is just another reason Ford and its owners are superior to any other truck! And you don't mess with the powerstroke!

Old 02-04-2002, 08:43 AM
rotorhead
Senior User

My first pulling story was, believe it or not, when I pulled my own truck out of a ditch! A buddy of mine was at the hunting camp with us, and I had my PSD F250 there and also my '94 F150 (my wife came up after me). My buddy was going to run to the store, and my F150 was parked where it was easiest to get out, so I told him to go in it ( a mistake!!!). I watched him crank my truck, put'er in reverse, and start backing up, but NOT on the driveway. He couldn't see and wound up zipping along backward through the yard, heading straight for what is about 3 ft deep worth of ditch, very muddy due to a heavy rain. Before I could stop him, DOWN he went. When he hit the ditch, the rain-slicked bankslet him slide sideways so now my truck was not only mired in the ditch, it was almost on its side!! Well, being a guy who's got his priorities in order, I knew what to do! First thing on the list was to threaten him in the gravest extreme, followed closely with a few choice epithets about his lineage. After the important stuff was out of the way, I pulled the PSD out onto the wet gravel roadway and pulled out a chain which we hooked to the rear bumper of the F150. I must admit that I was a little worried in the slick conditions that I wouldn't be able to get traction. I mean this truck was STUCK! Imagine my surprise when I put her in first, let out on the clutch, and she didn't even spin! I thought the chain must have come loose. I couldn't even tell it was back there, but out it popped. Pulled it out better than a tow truck. Leading me to a couple of conclusions! 1) PSDs rock!! 2) Friends don't let friends borrow their Ford trucks!!!!

rotorhead

Old 02-05-2002, 06:17 PM
The Diesel Dude
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 02-06-2002, 11:53 AM
red99sdv10
Senior User

since we are sharing diesel pulling stories
first one
I had a 99 V-10 4x4 back in 2000 we had an ice storm well I should have stayed home but I decided to go to work. I got a mile from the shop and there was 4 of my co-workers stuck on the hill. I stopped at the top on the main road to see what was going on. When I went to pull back out the truck was just over the edge of the road far enough that it cought and spun me around. Now I was also sitting on the hill stuck.We sat there for a while then a 94? SC PSD came along. he had tire chains on the rear.He puuled me out, then pulled a chevy out and a jeep out. All without trouble.
2nd one
Only had my 2000 psd for around a week, my neighbor calls and want to know if I can pull her dads truck out,
I say ya Ill be up to take a look. I show up. they ask are you gonna use that new truck , I say yes why not. Well he has a 92 f-150 4x4. It is down over the bank and the front wheels are burried as deep as the rubber on the tires. I hook up on the gravel and am pulling up hill, at first due to the snow and Ice I couldnt get traction, so we throw down some salt. then I get traction and the 150 comes right up,
without a problem.
3rd one
I had a Dodge steath car that was totaled . the front wheels went in opposite directions and the rrears were locked up
it was sitting in the grass and needed moved , so I hooked up to it and pulled it in reverse across the yard without even slipping a
wheel.
4th one
we have a 75 F350 4X2 dump. I was dumping dirt one day and got over the edge to far and dropped both rear tires on both sides over the edge . Called my wife to bring the diesel and pull me out. the 350 came right out then she just kept on going I was in the 350 standing on the brakes and she was still pulling me
I think thats all so far