2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new Lariat, update.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Toreador
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new Lariat, update.

Well, looks like the Holmes Tuttle Ford dealership have a Lariat that matches the specs I want. It all comes down to number crunching and wheeling/dealing. I hate to lose my Toreador Red XLT though. I took the time and washed it last weekend and damn it looks great. Talk about the number of heads turning to see it's super shine reflection. Plus it drive so smooth and great. I wonder if I'm making the right move. We'll find out. The numbers will have to make it worth my while for the upgrade to happen. Thanks to those who gave me advice and encouraged me not to give up in my search.

Old 05-06-2004, 05:00 AM
OTHG_MIKE
Junior User
Just Do It !!!!!!!!

Old 05-06-2004, 05:59 AM
F150Texan
Posting Guru
Talking

Good to hear Toreador, I hope it all works out for you. I just traded trucks with the owner of my dealership so he could take mine in for service. He gave me his SCrew 4x4 Lariat that is that Green and AZ Beige and it is one sweet ride.

I think he's trying to get me to upgrade

Old 05-07-2004, 02:08 AM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by F150Texan
Good to hear Toreador, I hope it all works out for you. I just traded trucks with the owner of my dealership so he could take mine in for service. He gave me his SCrew 4x4 Lariat that is that Green and AZ Beige and it is one sweet ride.

I think he's trying to get me to upgrade
Shocking he would do such a thing!!!!

Anyway, I haven't heard from the dealer in 3 days, so maybe the deal is dead. I guess I don't have any more options if it falls through and will wait for the 2005 and maybe 2006. I do want the bigger engine and other upgrades, but I do enjoy driving my current XLT more and more every day. Plus I think keeping it sharp looking will be easier if I do a regular wash cycle. Wish I did have other options, though.

Old 05-07-2004, 06:20 AM
jhromy
Senior User
it sounds as if your happy right now with your current vehicle and your not positive about doing the upgrade now, i'd suggest wait it out till the 2005 or 2006, get a couple more year out of your current XLT and then if your certain you want a new one get it.

Old 05-07-2004, 06:37 AM
F150Texan
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Toreador
Shocking he would do such a thing!!!!
He's a pretty cool guy and working with his dealership has been a dream. The dealership is about 50 miles away from me, so he offered to trade me anytime my truck needs service. I must admit that I was shocked when I called him on it and he pulled through.

I have found my Ford dealer for life Any of you Houston folk need a good dealership to go to...let me know

Old 05-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by jhromy
it sounds as if your happy right now with your current vehicle and your not positive about doing the upgrade now, i'd suggest wait it out till the 2005 or 2006, get a couple more year out of your current XLT and then if your certain you want a new one get it.
Yeah, that's most likely my choice right now. I keep getting compliments on my Toreador Red XLT and looks. I notice that after I washed it it really attracts attention. And maybe the new trucks will have more options to choose from. Basically what I'll do is when they come out put in an internet order to my original dealer (which is only 6 miles from my house) and haggle that way. I'll specify I want exactly what I want in options ordered from the factory. Being "stuck" with this great truck isn't the worst thing out of it all.

Old 05-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Toreador
Elder User
To continue my update. I received an e-mail from the VP of sales at Holmes Tuttle. It was clearly a "form letter" asking me if I'm still interested in a vehicle (no specifics to my situation). On a lark I called and got ahold of the guy yesterday. He hemmed and hawwed and said he was extremely busy last week. I find it funny that they said they have found a truck matching my specs yet couldn't find the time to crunch a few numbers? Anyway, he said he'd crunch some numbers for me on Monday. I guess these guys are doing so well they don't care to follow up on a potential sale. First my first salesman at the original dealership blows me off, now this guy seems to be dropping the ball. Good news is I haven't revealed what I'm willing to give up to get the trade up. And at this point the guy better offer me a steal of a deal for me to take it. Otherwise I'll wait till the 2005 models come out and negotiate completely on the internet.

Old 05-09-2004, 10:52 PM
TRITON-ic
Senior User
If I could add my .02. I would recommend a dealership that gives you what you are after in the sales end of the deal. The service department is usually a direct reflection of the way the sales staff and all other aspects of the dealership operate. IMO.

Old 05-10-2004, 12:38 AM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by TRITON-ic
If I could add my .02. I would recommend a dealership that gives you what you are after in the sales end of the deal. The service department is usually a direct reflection of the way the sales staff and all other aspects of the dealership operate. IMO.
Trust me, I listen to all advice and have learned a lot of things here. This is a great forum. I think I'd like it even if I didn't own a 2004 F150, just because of the new information I've learned. Anyway, the bottom line is this guy pretty much better be close to an even swap (ok, I know I have to pay out "some" cash) or it's wait till 2005. At this point I'll even be surprised if he calls back. I think I have the advantage here.

Old 05-10-2004, 12:43 AM
baja_stx
Senior User
Why didn't you just get a Lariat in the first place?

Old 05-10-2004, 09:54 AM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
First my first salesman at the original dealership blows me off, now this guy seems to be dropping the ball. .
Sure its not something you're saying?

Old 05-10-2004, 09:58 AM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
e close to an even swap (ok, I know I have to pay out "some" cash) or it's wait till 2005.
I'm confused here, sounds like you have a 2004 xlt, and you want an even swap for a USED vehicle, to a new Lariat?

I think I have the advantage here.
You sure do! You still have a great truck even if you don't go up to the Lariat!

Old 05-11-2004, 02:15 AM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by baja_stx
Why didn't you just get a Lariat in the first place?
Great question. Didn't know about the audiophile option at that point and thought the 4.6L was plenty for me. Plus I didn't think I could afford it. Turns out it would not have been that much more. Bottom line is I did research, but not enough. I wish I had logged onto this forum long before decision time. In any case a few weeks ago I hit a jackpot in options/stock trading (something me and some co-workers have been losing at for the past 3 years). I now have a stack of cash that I can put down for a possible trade up. I figure life is short. If you want something and have a shot at it, go for it.

Old 05-11-2004, 02:20 AM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by aldridgec
I'm confused here, sounds like you have a 2004 xlt, and you want an even swap for a USED vehicle, to a new Lariat?
Of course!!! And I want to win the Powerball drawing next time also!!! All kidding aside I know I'm going to take a bloodbath when trading up so soon after buying a truck. The question is how much of a bloodbath. I want it to be a paper cut.

Originally Posted by aldridgec
You sure do! You still have a great truck even if you don't go up to the Lariat!
Yep!!!

Quick Reply: My new Lariat, update.