Sponsored by: DP Tuner

new deisel died-water?

Old 06-10-2002, 03:52 PM
BlueDog
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new deisel died-water?

Help me understand...

Crusing down the beltway at 77 or so and the motor just stops, still had all power. Pulled over, put into park and restarted. I noticed the water in fuel light blink, but wasn't sure if it was just the routine flash of lights at start-up. Two days ago, I did have the fuel filter changed out, but this happend this morning. Should I have it looked at?

Thanks

Old 06-11-2002, 12:50 AM
Ghostrider304
Senior User
new deisel died-water?

My question is did that someone that changed the fuel filter, also drain the water separator? This may be a place to start since the fuel filter sit in the water separator. You may even want to get the fuel in the tank tested for water could be a bad tank of diesel.

Some suggestions for the future,
1. Buy fuel from a station that move a large amount,
2. If the water in fuel light come on at any time you sould have the truck checked out. Per Ford owners manual.

Hope this will help you fix the problems your having, keep us up to date.

Will-

Old 06-11-2002, 09:07 AM
BlueDog
New User
new deisel died-water?

Thanks for the info. I am going to check the water trap myself, I need to learn how to do it anyway - and with this site - I think I can pull it off fairly quickly.

I purchased my last tank of fuel from Flying J truckstop. They move a lot of fuel, but it seems to idle a little rough with their fuel. Exxon and Texaco are more expensive, but seems to run better.

Old 06-11-2002, 09:09 AM
BlueDog
New User
new deisel died-water?

Ghostrider..

Can you give me an idea of what that leveling kit cost to purchase and then install? I would love to get the nose up.

Old 06-11-2002, 06:17 PM
asmv6
Freshman User
new deisel died-water?

Old 06-12-2002, 12:50 PM
Ghostrider304
Senior User
new deisel died-water?

>Ghostrider..
>
>Can you give me an idea of what that leveling kit cost to
>purchase and then install? I would love to get the nose up.

The BDS kit that I have on my truck was $495 and comes with 4 new shocks and all the hard ware you'll need. If you have a tall pair of floor jacks you can do the install yourself. I did'nt have jacks that tall, so it cost me $200 to have it installed. (that always sounds high to me) You might find a better price going to a chain brake and muffler type shop. Shop around and see what prices you can find for installation. I had the shop that I ordered the kit from install it.

One other thing to consider is weather you want a shackle kit or a add a leaf spring kit. Prices vay on both, as does ride quality.

Let me know if I missed something, or if I just gave you more questions that need to be answered. I'll do my best to give you good info.

Will-

Search this Thread