Notices

rear splash guards

Old 04-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Tadashi
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear splash guards

I just got Ford rear & front spalsh guards. The fronts fit on perfectly but the rears do not seem to fit right. I would have to drill all new holes (different from directions which uses two fo the existing holes). Is this normal?

Old 04-29-2004, 09:09 PM
WEB
Senior User
I just put them on my 04 FX4. I did have to drill a hole in the rear but it isn't a big deal. They give you the screw slip nut things so you just drill a hole and then slip the nut over the metal lip and screw in. If I remember right one of the holes, the lower one fit but I had to drill a hole to match up with the top. I think it added 5 minutes to the install.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Tadashi
Elder User
Cool I will have to look again for the bottom hole. I did see the top hole did not fit the guard. What is the little paint icon in the instructions? Is that primer to keep the drilled hole from rusting or something else? Stupid instructions is all simple drawings and no words.

Old 04-30-2004, 06:41 PM
WEB
Senior User
I don't know what you mean about a paint synbol. There is a symbol for Trash can, socket and then something that I thought was a screw driver or something to pry the plastic lip from the sheet metal. You are right, they mad ethe instructions so simple they take a minute to decipher what the picture means. Some words would have been nice. I did not primer mine but it wouldn't be a bad idea to coat the hole with something.

Search this Thread