Sponsored by: DP Tuner

smoking tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 12:51 AM
wannaburn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smoking tires

any body watch spike tv and see the 2 psd they did? I only saw 1, it was a 6.0 with a intercooler exaust and 6 position chip. They showed the truck ripping the back wheels off until the guy let off. What would it take to make the 7.3 do this? I think the other truck was a 7.3 but I never saw it. They may have been power braking but I couldnt tell. I can leave a pretty good one loading the turbo up, but not like that. I have a 02 4' straight piped turbo back and scmt. What do I need to do besides injectors?

Old 04-09-2004, 10:54 AM
wlihntr
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
chip, exhaust, and intake will do it for sure on a 7.3. you can also smoke the tires at will on a stock 7.3 if you power stand it like stacy did on trucks. dont be fooled when you see those huge smokey burnouts the guy behind the is not just mashing the gas and getting those types of burnouts. you have to apply a little brake to hold the truck still, then you apply enough throttle for the engine power to overcome the the force of the rear brake and wa-la big smokey burnout

Old 04-09-2004, 12:37 PM
diesel-lady
Senior User
I just blew almost $800 dollars on a set of new tires, and NO WAY is anyone going to smoke those suckers!!

Old 04-09-2004, 01:52 PM
01f350
Senior User
Do you guys know if power braking, or power standing can do any damage to the rear brakes or the abs system? I do it all the time. I just hope I am not doing any damage. There's nothing like the smell of diesel fumes and burnt rubber.

Old 04-09-2004, 03:26 PM
wlihntr
Postmaster
i would dont think it would hurt the abs. it will run your rear pads down a little quicker. your main concern would be to the drive line components(overheating the trans, twisting the drive shaft, tearing the u-joints out, grenading the rear end, or snapping an axle)if you give it to much brake and mash the throttle, all that tourque has to go somewhere......KA-BOOM

Old 04-09-2004, 04:19 PM
CAT_man_963
Posting Guru
Yep my buddy blew the rear out on his truck doings smokey burnouts! Cost him $2500 to fix it! After a few smokey ones (and a few cold ones ) he decided that it would be a good idea to grab 3rd mid-burnout (manual trans) - didn't work out too good for him!! He blew the limited slip apart and didn't know it until the next day when he was driving to work!
Anyhow - it is hard on the driveline but hey - smokem' if ya got 'em right!!