2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Listen up Ford engineers! Fix the F150!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 12:35 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DonsFx4, thanks for the nasty private message and name calling. Nothing like flowers on Easter morning.

By DonsFx4 - Ford was that bad in '98?
Yep. Here's my Super Duty's history:

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/20/992064BZ.html

By DonsFx4 - And things got worse?
Yep. Obviously you don't follow the 6.0L problems. Thousands of buy-backs. Loyal Ford diesel owners dropping like flies.

By DonsFx4 - And then they redesigned the F150 and, what, they screwed up that dream?
Yep. Would you like me to start with the vibration or the limp mode problems, and go from there? The old design didn't have those problems.

By DonsFx4 - Oh, but not until after you got yours.
Yep. Ford was aware of the limp mode problem, vibrations, etc. well before I bought my truck. In fact they were aware of it before it was made. They just neglected to tell me because they wanted my money.

Old 04-11-2004, 12:44 PM
fishroe
Freshman User
Does anyone know or heard why some of these trucks have a vibration problem. Is it a bad design, bad parts or something not being put together at the factory. I've got 2500 miles on my FX4sc 3.55 rear 5.4. Haven't had any vibration problems yet. Mine was manufactured in June. I have had 2 minor problems that the dealer had to repair. Rear differential cover seeping fluid and they replaced that plastic latch thing on the bottom inside of the rear passenger door.

Old 04-11-2004, 12:55 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
Which vibration problem?...there are about 3 of them. Your question is better asked to the Ford guys that designed the vibration dampener and issued the TSB. They apparently know.

Old 04-11-2004, 01:05 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
By hovy - WOW!! I had no idea my 2002 sd f250 v-10 had so many problems!!!!!!!!!
Yep.

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/20/992063DB.html

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/20/022063DB.html

Some of us use our seat belts, use the brakes towing and hauling, and prefer to have steering when we park, back the boat down the ramp, or put the slide-in on.

BTW, your comments seem odd considering you don't even have a new F-150 yet. Maybe our "complaining" here will help make yours a better truck when you do get it.

Old 04-11-2004, 01:08 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
By f2504by427 - to all those saying that Ford is off there list, why are you here? go to a chevy or nissan forum and grip there...
Better yet, why are you here? You don't even own a new F-150!! So what experience can you speak from?????

Old 04-11-2004, 01:09 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
i posted this in another thread,

that fix is still a bandaid repair, the vibs are coming from some place.
a. bearing in tailstock of transmission?
b. u-joints?
c. pinion bearings?
d. crankshaft?
e. driveshaft?
f. harmonic balancer?
g. tires/rims?
h. axle bearings?
i. other?

one way to test this would be to put the truck on a dyno, like the one's used at emission's testing stations, inorder to copy road/load situations, and find out where the vibs are coming from.

any positive comments are welcomed, lets to figure this out, no i'm not an engineer either, just a person that looks for "cause and effect".

also about placing microhones in key places to listen for the frequency of the vibrations.

Last edited by f=2504by497; 04-11-2004 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:18 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
hey cruelcrew, i'm looking to buy one my self. and if you can't be positive in your response's then i don't have time for you. try to be helpful and positive. That is what FTE is here for. now lets move forward..........

Old 04-11-2004, 09:05 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
CruelCrew...my bad. I shouldn't have posted anything in reference to you personally on a public forum, especially on Easter. To you and others reading this, I apologize because it is against the forum rules to bash another member. And I assume the "private message and name calling" came from the "add to users reputation" feature each thread reply offers and I filled out.

But, your posts drove me over the edge. You and I got our trucks about the same time, and since then, you have brought nothing positive to the table. When you referenced your experiences with Ford since '96, the old "once bitten, twice shy" phrase came into mind. You were burned by Ford before, yet came back for more, and since then have bashed them endlessly. And by extension you're bashing me and all the others who've bought new 150's. I did alot of research with other vehicles, had alot of experience with Ford (both owning and work-related), made my choice and don't need somebody telling me I'm an a-hole for buying it.

I sincerely meant it when I said I hope you get to invoke a lemon law and get rid of your truck, it sounds like you got a REALLY bad one. I don't wish you any more difficulties and hope all turns out well.

And for good measure, I will not read or comment on your future posts. Again, MY BAD for even responding to your "contributions" to this board. Best of luck with your vehicle, and better luck with the next one.

Regards / Don

Old 04-11-2004, 10:22 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
DonsFx4, don't try to turn legitimate problems with this truck into my personal issue. And don't throw the "bashing" word around like I'm some bad apple.

since then have bashed them endlessly.
Since when did talking about problems with Ford and this truck become "bashing"? Shall we have you supress our experiences and make us put rose-colored glasses on?

There's a difference between "bashing" and being unhappy. I am unhappy with my truck. You may well be too, when you get some miles on it. And if that happens you may come here for answers, like I do. I have done nothing but try to find out how to solve my issues (which you have no suggestions for). I would like to be happy again. The only way I can do this is to discuss those issues and look for solutions. Besides, I have made other owners, and potential owners, aware of the problems, and possible fixes. Through my issues and discussions, many members have found good information. Through my discussions maybe Ford will do something about it.

"once bitten, twice shy"
What's that got to do with the problems some of us are experiencing with this truck?

I buy Ford because they're the only dealer within 200 miles, and I like to buy local. Plus I get a discounted X-plan purchase because that is what we use at work. My boss, who worked hard to get us employees a Ford partner plan so we could save a buck, wouldn't appreciate me driving a Nissan to work. And I'm familiar with Ford's warranty repair system, warranty dispute program, and buy-back procedure.

Your comment is simply your way of avoiding the fact this truck has problems. And it would be better stated as, "three strikes, your out".

And by extension you're bashing me and all the others who've bought new 150's.
Let me get this straight....because my truck has problems that Ford can't fix, I'm bashing you "by extension"? That's a new one.

...don't need somebody telling me I'm an a-hole for buying it.
Wow. Now you've twisted it into me calling you an "a-hole"? Gee, is that another one of those "by extension" things?

If you're so in love with Ford and have 100% confidence in your truck, then why are you so concerned with all that?

Again, MY BAD for even responding to your "contributions" to this board.
Yes, your bad. Contributions don't always have to be rosey. And sometimes the truth hurts. But remember, any type of contribution is better than none. And you have provided none. You have only made some of us more frustrated. Re-read the title of this thread DonsFx4, and then ask yourself why you read it.

Old 04-11-2004, 11:25 PM
03f150man
Elder User
i've seen and experienced zero problems with the approximately ten 2004 trucks that i have personal experience with. But, if there are front end problems with the new trucks, in addition to the ideas already posted i would think about these two product changes -----1) cast aluminium lower control arms, and rack and pinion steering. I believe these two changes are both "first" for the F150. Since the posts about steering nibble and driving vibration are new to the 2004, i'd consider these changes, and especially any engineering or production problem with the rack and pinion steering. Just a thought.

Old 04-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ok..i've had enough of the bashing, baiting, and complaining. I really don't care what problems you've had with your truck, on the other hand i do care that your making alot of work for me by getting everyone riled up. This post is closed, and please re-read the posting guidlines.