Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My truck hates the rain

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 02:12 PM
96hulk
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck hates the rain

My rear right tire will lock up on first application of the brakes ONLY when it is wet out. I know of two possible explinations 1. leaking gear oil on the drum set or 2. water getting in and wetting half the pad to cause it to stick. I somehow think it may only be a problem concerning water and not the gear lube because it ONLY happens during rain. If it was leaking gear lube on it would it also occour in dry situations? Also if it is a water issue what can i do to prevent the drums from getting wet? would silicone around the drum to seal it be a no no?
Also front end pops bangs and yells OUCH! (actually i am the one that makes that noise) when i go through slow corners. happens in dry situation about 25% of turns i take happens in wet about 75% Probably a bushing? i am running stock suspension with 31x10.5 a/t's that rub on the raduis arm could it be my radius arm bushings? i can hear it on either side of the vehicle not always at the same time sometimes one pops before the other or only one side will pop when weight of vehicle shifts into a turn