Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Air Bag Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 07:49 PM
trakman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Air Bag Light

Started my 02 PSD this morning and noticed that the air bag light flashes off and on in the dash cluster. Read in the book that this indicates that the air bag system needs to be serviced. Do I have a leak in the system and if so what is the most common thing that fails? Forgive me as I don't know anything about an air bag system, just that it is supposed to work if you are in a head on collision. Have any of you ever had to have your system recharged and was it very expensive? My truck is out of warranty so it's my expense. Kinda disgusted that the unit has to be worked on when the truck is only 2 years old.

Old 04-01-2004, 12:17 AM
verdog
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the same thing happen on my 01 F250 PSD. Took it in to the dealership and they replaced the passenger side airbag switch, problem solved. I have also heard that the clock spring can cause the airbag light to go off?? The airbags are covered under a federal warrenty for 60 mo reguardless of milage I believe, can anybody else verify this?

Chris

Old 04-01-2004, 01:06 PM
trakman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
verdog......Took the PSD by the dealership this morning and they ran codes on it. Same as yours, the passenger side airbag switch is bad. As I expected, they had to order it and it will take 1 1/2hrs of labor...all totaled up, it's going to cost right under $200. Found out that the federal warranty is good for 50k or 4 years so it wasn't any help to me. Thanks