Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh..turbos
I would love a turbo on my X or bike for that matter. More info and pics please

Old 05-29-2008, 12:06 AM
happyhour
New User
I will get some pics for ya, as far as gas mileage surprisingly it had gotten better until I bought them new lead boots , at wot it likes the fuel but normal driving it is not making boost like a supercharger would be. Found when pulling my 38 ft hauler made better fuel mileage as well don't recall the exact numbers off hand. Hope to have the engine back in it tomorrow do a little more refining on it and hopefully it will be happyhour proof after that I will post a more detailed setup for you guys

Old 05-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by happyhour
at 7 lbs with stock motor it made 383 hp and 585 ft lbs at the rear wheels.
I'd be quite happy with that. Where do I sign?

Old 05-29-2008, 12:31 PM
MustModifyNow
Freshman User
Wylecoyote, if you find part numbers for the turbo setup on the V-10 powered generators, I can get costs on the parts. My brother in law works at a Ford truck dealership and they do buy industrial motors once in a while. I went the the Generac website the other day to look at spec sheets and I saw they used V-10's but all the specs say they are naturally aspirated. I see the diesel motors ones are turboed. I must have been looking at the wrong stuff. All a guy would need is the turbo and the exhaust manifolds and the rest could be fabbed pretty easy I would assume. Get a PSD intercooler and you would be set except for the dyno tuning time to make sure you don't burn it up.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:27 PM
S.A.L.
Senior User
Can you flip the exhaust manifolds to face foward?
That's a pretty common practice that works on V8 Mod motors.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Skoda
Elder User
why not just place the turbo right after the Y ?

Old 05-29-2008, 10:20 PM
jojosuperduty
New User
I was thinking about doing one and mounting the turbo STS style (in place of the muffler) and running the tubing and oiling system to the front.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Raider50
Elder User
I hope to see some pics*** but putting the turbo in the back actually makes more horses because the air has more space to cool down in. Hopfully in the next couple months we are going to be turboing our excursion, we are going to be travailing the country trying to find old stuff to put in our store. Once our trailer is and the excursion are loaded down it will be at full throttle and only pulling a hill at 65. It is just unacceptable. It is even under the speed limit and that is just not ok in our house

Old 12-03-2009, 08:36 PM
V10 Bomber
New User
V10turbo

V10turbo

Please let me know when this products is complete and out in the market i really need some power. my V10 is stock rite know i need it for pulling and well your occasional drag race.

thanks appreciate it

V10 Bomber

Old 12-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Pinky Demon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by V10 Bomber
V10turbo

Please let me know when this products is complete and out in the market i really need some power. my V10 is stock rite know i need it for pulling and well your occasional drag race.

thanks appreciate it

V10 Bomber
Intake, headers, muffler, tune.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:46 PM
V10 Bomber
New User
Thanks Pinky Demon

any particular brand or any will do....

V10 Bomber

Old 12-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Pinky Demon
Posting Guru
Well, for the headers and the muffler, there are a couple of favorites on here. I like, as well as others, the Banks TorqueTubes which are a good solid unit, although not cheap. Some run Doug Thorleys, and I've even seen some guys get theirs off eBay. Best thing to do is to look at how thick the flanges that connect to the engine head itself are, as well as the quality of the pipes themselves. Stainless is a must if you are in a rust belt area.

For the muffler, user TeamMudd had a link to a whole bunch of different sounding clips. Again, I like the Banks unit, some say it drones, I don't care, it's all really preference. Most well known mufflers will net you a performance gain.

For the intake, there are a couple different options. Most simply, is a K&N style or equivalent drop in filter. They can be had for under $100 and are quite common. Next, you could go with a K&N intake with a cylinder type filter and no airbox, but unless you are running at decent speeds, you are sucking in hot air from the engine bay, especially in stop and go traffic. Volant makes a good intake with an enclosed air box and cylinder type filter. Search for user Krewat, who wrote up an excellent installation article and review with pictures. Banks also makes an intake, but their method involves simply replacing the front of the filter housing with a unit with a bigger mouth to flow more air, and a drop in K&N, no changes to the rest of the plumbing. Finally, there is the ZooDad. This involves removing the front grill, and cutting a hole where the intake mouth is. You can google for pictures and a better explanation.

As for the tuner, go to Mike at 5 Star Tuning. He is widely respected on this board as a good guy to deal with and many are very happy in pants with his tunes. I personally have not dabbled, but after you do the other mods, this will tie it all together, and net you additional power.

As for myself, I saw a big increase with just the Banks TorqueTubes and Monster exhaust. (see sig.) I'm working on the intake now, although I'm not sure what route I'm taking. I don't know if I'll get a tuner though, I'm personally kind of wary about tuners in general, which is not to be misconstrued as a lack of faith or a grudge against 5 Star's ability.

With a little bit of work and money, you'll be thinking you got a whole new truck.

(Note: This advice only applies to 2 valve V10s produced from 1999-2004.)

Old 03-22-2010, 09:46 PM
temptedv10
Freshman User
funny still no pics of their turbo setups

Old 03-23-2010, 08:18 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,194 Likes on 573 Posts
I just saw this thread come up again and thought the same thing. All these amazing high powered turbo setups out there and no one cares to post pics? Um.... ok.... Hey wait, I have a turbo on my truck now. It puts out 1000 hp at the wheels. I also fabricated a custom wheelie bar that mounts to my hitch for easy street use removal...

Old 03-24-2010, 10:03 PM
temptedv10
Freshman User
Yeah thats what im thinking , why talk about what you got ? Prove it and show it , I wanna see pics of the turbo setup , dyno sheets or video it really not that hard to do if you have it ....!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Quick Reply: v10 turbo