Aerostar Ford Aerostar

wipers will not turn off.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 06:55 AM
94aerostarnewbie
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question wipers will not turn off.....

I have just recently purchased a 94 Aerostar XLT W/4.0 rwd X vin. it has 177000 miles and is in very good shape. When the wipers are used they will not turn off until the vehicle has been turned off for several minutes. Is there a wiper relay, or wiper control relay? If so where would it be located, or do I have to replace the whole multifuntion switch? Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Old 03-28-2004, 06:15 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi 94aerostarnewbie. Welcome to FTE. .Perhaps someone will come along to solve your problem.Good luck. Perhaps you might get one of the Haynes manuals for future references.They cost about $15.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:26 AM
CJs 54Willys57Ford
New User
94Aerostarnewbie, I have the same problems with mine. Mine will work "When IT wants to" But we have replaced the front switch and also the relay. Still don't work unless IT wants to turn off It's self. We are going to get a wiper motor Which has to be the problem. They cost around 40.00. But I would greatly suggest that you get you a Haynes Manual. It will come in handy.. You will need it to find the wiper motor and all that good stuff..LOL

Old 04-04-2004, 05:38 PM
tom_foreman
Elder User
There are basicly three components in this system. The combination switch (turn signal/wiper), the wiper control module, and the wiper motor. If you have replaced the first two, then it could be the wiper motor.

There is power provided to it whenever the key is on. This is used with the park switch inside the motor. If you turn off the wipers and the blades are not in the rest position they continue to run until the wiper returns to the rest position. This is the function of the park switch. If it sticks on...then they go on and on and on...until you turn off the key.

I've not looked at one to see but I doubt that you can replace the park switch. You may be able to open it up and clean it with some contact cleaner. I've never tried though.

Last edited by tom_foreman; 04-04-2004 at 05:40 PM. Reason: added missing word