General Automotive Discussion

The looks after mudding

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 01:54 AM
88broncofan
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The looks after mudding

How many of you get so many different looks or comments from people after a nice day in the mud? I've had those people that stay as far back as possible just so you don't get mud on their car. Then at the light when they go in the turn lane they look at the truck and give you this look of disgust. Or i always love the ones were the kids are jumping out of their seats just to stare ain awe how dirty your truck is! Here's a story, before i sold my 93 F150 4x4 i went mudding with a buch of other guys in a farmfield our friends dad owned ( were rednecks up here) well after a long day the sun was starting to go down so we went to get food. 8 Trucks full of mud. We got into town with lots of mud on our tires still and leaving a nice trail. Needless to say the others behind me were pulling over and as the guy behind me pulled over i noticed what was a freah washed cop car now covered in mud colored racing stripes. After a lashing from the cop he let us go and told us to wash our trucks before we get back to town next time. My friend has pics of the car, i'll track 'em down and post!!! What kinds of things have you guys encounterd or looks you guys get.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:38 AM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
Sounds like that was some fun there man. I know the feeling. Even in a 2x4 that has turned brown from the mud. I feel a truck needs to be one of two appearances at all time.

Either shined and waxed. or
Covered in mud

I dont like the look of dust and a vehicle just being plain unwashed.....

The best is waxing your truck for 6-8 hours on friday afternoon, and taking it mudding all day saturday. That bright shine in the few areas that where left untouched from the thick mud.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:52 AM
88broncofan
Junior User
i agree with you on that. It never fails every time we shine our rides the muds just calling our name and can't wait to get it dirty all over again just to see what shiny metal still shows when your done!

Old 03-16-2004, 05:44 AM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I rarely wash the body anymore. I just start with the frame and clean downwards from there, sometimes I even spray it off in the rain. It's just going to get muddy again, so that would be a waste of money and water to even try to keep it clean.

Old 03-16-2004, 08:13 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
I have never gone mudding, so I always keep mine shiny. About once a week I detail it if I haven't washed it, and put the wheel shine stuff on, and clean the rims, and spot wash with 3M window cleaner the paint.

Old 03-16-2004, 10:17 AM
Andysutt
Postmaster
I've went mudding in more 2x4 than I have 4x4s
And the 3 4x4s that I have owned.... I only had the bronco in 4x4 and that was to see if it worked before I bought it.
The bronco, if I decide to keep it instead of scrap it, will never get washed again

Old 03-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Stingray42
Elder User
I love muddy trucks.....
I also love a washed waxed and detailed beauty of a truck....

Its awesome when we go, get a few trucks covered in mud, then pull into the local gas station, or Tim Hortons (our hangout) drip, drip...

Never took my GMC off road, too nice.
Havent had a chance to get my Ford Stuck Yet....

Old 03-16-2004, 12:31 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
One thing I like about a muddy truck after you pull on the road is people usually are not stupid enough to tailgate you like they usually do.

Old 03-16-2004, 03:49 PM
wezol5484
Postmaster

Originally posted by rebocardo
One thing I like about a muddy truck after you pull on the road is people usually are not stupid enough to tailgate you like they usually do.
Thats the truth. I love it after a good days worth of mudding and its the sticky clay mud that clings to ur tires....until you get onto the road lol. People stay clear. I love the looks I get too, more bad looks than good though lol. I have gotten some complimants though. Gotta love FORDS!

Old 03-19-2004, 08:14 PM
jfrbronco
Junior User
I just love it when my girl tells me that my trucks needs a washing,excuse to go play in the mud for a day!!

Old 03-19-2004, 08:57 PM
RICE H8R
Elder User
haha i'd like to see the look on the cops face when he stopped ya. i do alot of muddin...well runnin down muddy praire trails. still manage to completely turn my blue pickup brown. unfortunatly i live in a town of 150 so nobody ever says anything about the mud.

Old 03-19-2004, 09:11 PM
jfrbronco
Junior User
Imagine if it was all cow poop on the cops car?

Old 03-19-2004, 09:17 PM
jessfactor
Elder User
now i want a 4x4. these one wheel drive trucks suck.

Old 03-19-2004, 10:04 PM
4wheelinbroncos
Senior User
i always like to take my bronco muddin and then go to those donation car washes and see the looks on their faces when a bunch of trucks pull up covered in mud but i always give them 5 to 10 dollers for thier trouble especily when they spend more than an hour on the truck

Old 03-20-2004, 02:36 AM
pcwb
Junior User
LOVE TO MUD, and my 78 bronco looks right at home with a fresh coat of paint (mud). Of course the paint is missing in a few spots, and the fenders are crumpled from wheeling, (breaking an axle while running 38's tend to open the size of the fender wells somewhat) so it probably looks better dirty anyway. Let those that have never been offroad look at you with scorned expressions, that just keeps the trails open for us guy's and gal's to continue to have a ball. We need fewer weekend warrriors who don't want to scratch the paint on their pavement pounders from clogging the trails while trying to figure out how to get back down a trail they shouldn't be on with shiny new rigs in the first place. Sorry I'm venting now! Clean or dirty, if your having fun it's all good, I always like to see a truck used for what it was built to do. Besides just think what impact we have on the economy when we visit the car wash, and feed all those quarters in.

Quick Reply: The looks after mudding