1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

newmember and ranger coming

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 11:45 PM
marcusg
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool newmember and ranger coming

hey everyone. This site is going to be a bonus to myself I currently drive an 01 focus wagon and as of april i will be in a 04 EDGE 4x2 I am looking forward to many great years with this truck as it will be my first owned truck. Any questions i have i will be looking towards you guyz (the experts) and hopefully i will be able to help with some. Once again looking forward to hearing from all and the first question i have is has anyone changed their exhaust system? i am thinking of magnaflow as my first upgrade any comments? Suggestions? thanx

Old 03-16-2004, 05:24 AM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Welcome to FTE!

Old 03-16-2004, 09:25 AM
Ken00
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to FTE!!!

Cat back systems seem to be a personal preference depending on the sounds your looking for. I have a Gibson, it adds a nice deeper tone, you hear it when your in the gas but not much when your on the highway.

Old 03-16-2004, 09:31 AM
99 ranger bob
Elder User
congrats on your new addition and welcome to the family here. I dont know much about modding exhausts, as i tend to keep my trucks pretty well stock, i mean the only mod ive made to my 99 ranger in five years is adding XM radio lol. The only thing i will tell you is that the ranger trucks are alot of fun to drive and are pretty amazing when it comes to things you can do with them with hauling etc. In addition they dont require alot of maintenance and constant repair. theyre great trucks, you definately wont be sorry you got one

Old 03-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Lone_Ranger01
Senior User
A magnaflow exhaust would sound really nice on a 4.0 and will free up a few extra ponies. If you upgrade the exhaust make sure to upgrade the air intake. They both compliment each other. Before you start modding your truck, however, make sure you don't void the factory warranty

Old 03-16-2004, 06:26 PM
marcusg
Senior User
Cool

A qwick note saying i cant wait to cruize the strips with the edge man waitin for the new ride to get to the dealership!!! Another big question though i should have asked the dealership this but because the 4x2 does not have the front tow hooks does anyone out their know if you can get the black honeycomb grille inserted in the bumber section where the tow hooks are supposed to be??

Last edited by marcusg; 03-16-2004 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:49 PM
ChiefsFan
Posting Guru
Welcome to FTE

Old 03-17-2004, 04:02 PM
marcusg
Senior User
Cool

thanx to the ones that wrote so far and i just got back from the dealership i am going through and they stated that the lower grille insert would probably be an aftermarket piece however he left that in the hands of the parts department of the dealership anybody out their do u know if the honeycomb grille is available directly from ford (does any of u experts have this knowledge) remembering that it is for where the tow hooks are supposed to be thanx once again......

Old 03-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Lone_Ranger01
Senior User
I'm almost positive that they don't offer it. You're probably gonna have to buy aftermarket, however, you could buy an extra honeycomb grill and cut it to fit in the valance.

Old 03-17-2004, 04:18 PM
marcusg
Senior User
Originally posted by Lone_Ranger01
I'm almost positive that they don't offer it. You're probably gonna have to buy aftermarket, however, you could buy an extra honeycomb grill and cut it to fit in the valance.
that is a very thoughtfull idea but i think that if i were to do that it would be the smaller honeycomb "meshing" that is around the redesigned fog lights which they probably wouldnt have the proper size thx

Old 03-17-2004, 06:46 PM
Lone_Ranger01
Senior User
You could use a piece of gutter guard and paint it black. I put some behind my grille and it looks nice.

Old 03-18-2004, 02:23 PM
marcusg
Senior User
Cool

I've just done some (window) shopping so to speak and checked out the guard stuff and at the local hardware store they suggested i consider using the mesh that is used for plastering houseing it costs under ten dollars and it can make aprox. three lower bumper grilles but the fastening is the next question? any suggestions (how did u attach the guards mr ranger???)

Old 03-18-2004, 02:27 PM
marcusg
Senior User
Originally posted by Lone_Ranger01
You could use a piece of gutter guard and paint it black. I put some behind my grille and it looks nice.
I just got back from (window) shopping looking for this guard u r talking about and a local hardware co. suggested using the mesh that is used for plastering walls it is under ten dollars and u can make up to three lower grilles with it big question how did u attach the guards to your truck???

Old 03-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Lone_Ranger01
Senior User
I just used some hot glue, but jb weld would be better. You cant see the glue and it looks nice.

Old 03-19-2004, 09:57 PM
marcusg
Senior User
ive decided to go with the mesh that the local hardware guy recommended and have now realized that this could be a bit difficult to attach someone suggested bondo but how would u get to the inside without taking off the bumper do you out their know of the pieces used to hold down a fibreglass hood the little snaps? do u think they would work with a tiny hole added at each end of the bumper? any more suggestions would be helpful