The Exhausting V6 Challange

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 06:29 PM
4.2W/GEARS
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up The Exhausting V6 Challange

JUST PURCHASED NEW 2003 F150 EX CAB WITH 4.2 V6 AND 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION.
AT FIRST I HAVE BEEN READING THRU THE FORUMS ON EXHAUST MUFFLERS UPGRADES AND ALL THE MEMBERS HAD VALIDATED THE FACTS, IT DEPENDS ON WHAT THE OWNER WANTS IN PERFORMANCE AND OUTSIDE AND INSIDE SOUND QUALITIES.

IN A TWO WEEK PERIOD I TRIED FLOWMASTER, (OUTSIDE NICE HOLLOW GROWL BUT INTERNAL RESONANCE ON HEAVY LOAD TOOK AWAY FROM QUIET RIDE AND COMFORT). SPINTEC (QUIET FULL HOLLOW TONE BUT HAD INTERNAL RESONANCE AND BACKPRESSURE GURGLE WHEN DECEL).

MAGNAFLOW 24" SINGLE IN SINGLE OUT WAS THE PERFECT BALANCE, NO INTERNAL RES. BUT A DEEP GROWL THAT BARELY OVERPOWERS THE ENGINE FAN AND WHEN THE WINDOWS ARE DOWN IT SOUNDS EVEN BETTER !

THE BEST PART IS NO V6 SIGNATURE WHEN YOU EXCEL (OR AS LITTLE AS CAN BE) JUST A LOW GROWLING HUM.

THIS WAS A PROJECT , BUT MY MUFFLER TECH IN GARDEN GROVE WAS VERY UNDERSTANDING AND PUT IN A LOT OF EFFORT.

MAKING A V6 SOUND BETTER IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

Old 03-15-2004, 07:08 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to FTE. Please refrain from posting in all caps. It give the appearance that you are yelling. It is also hard for users to read. Aside from that, thank you for posting youre observations on the different exhaust notes for the 4.2 . Although it isnt the most popular muffler, that doesnt mean that people dont want to make it sound better.

Rich

Old 03-15-2004, 09:08 PM
4.2W/GEARS
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it is nice to get a reply. thanks

I Allways type in caps(a bad habbit from work).

I was shure Flowmaster would do the trick but I am so pickey. when i closed the windows i wanted quiet , but from outside i wanted to hear a little power. a tough order.

thanks for the reply , this is my first post in any forum.

i will continue to improve.

2003 f150 4.2 5 sp manual